Change Is Gradual

You know how sometimes there are certain lessons in life that you don't really get the first time around? Well this is definitely one of them.

Lately I've been a bit frustrated with myself. Work has been stressing me out, which I don't really understand why because it's not like it's a hard job, it's actually pretty easy, but I guess dealing with people and getting up super early is just... I don't want to say it's hard for me because that's stupid, it's just not ideal for me I guess? I don't know. I feel like I have no reason to complain.

I really want to change my life for the better, become a better person, and again I'm just frustrated with myself because it isn't happening overnight. Which is something I know, I know things don't change overnight, I learned that years ago, but I've always been hard on myself so maybe that's it.

It's hard to remember though that change is gradual and you don't usually see it until you look back at where you were.

Honestly I feel like this blog was a bit scattered but I feel better for writing it so I guess that's what matters.

I had a nine hour shift today, and again the next three days, and they're all morning shifts. Tomorrow and Thursday I have to get up at 4:30 to be in at 5 and then Friday I work 6-3 so just kill me. The positive part to this is that I've been scheduled for overtime which will look nice for next week's paycheck.

But speaking of today - because this blog needs this injection of positivity - after I got out of work I got together with my friend/coworker and we went down to the animal shelter to visit the animals. The cat that I fell in love with last time had gotten adopted, but there was a new one that jumped right into my lap and was almost as cuddly as the other one.

And then we went to her house and she has two kittens that curled up and slept in my lap for a good while so that was great.

I definitely need to break up the routine that has become my life, but I've been saying that for probably two months now...

Okay I'm gonna end this now and watch some more Shameless because I only just started season 7 and I need to find out what happens next.
October 25th, 2017 at 01:41am