Skyrim + Writing Cup

I definitely feel like it's been forever since I logged on here, even though I was only logged out for five days. I ran into a super busy work week - in three days, we got a new Assistant General Manager, fired four people, had a sold out hotel for like seven days straight, and then had our huge Quality Assurance inspection. My rooms were the best ones that he saw, and even the GM who doesn't like me very much couldn't complain about me when he told her that I'm the best asset to the team.

When I wasn't working, I was a bit too tired to write so I didn't get much accomplished in the way of the Mibba Writing Cup. I feel really bad and like I let my team down, but I know that with the last six days of October, I can bust ass and get a decent amount of work written to count towards our total count at the end of the month. I plan on updating a couple of stories tonight, and then maybe a couple more tomorrow. I'll take Friday off since I've worked twelve days in a row, and then I'm going to do a lot of writing between the 28th and the 31st, because my boss was kind enough to give me a four day block of days off since I'm working 12 days in a row for her.

So since I wasn't writing this past week, I had to find something else to entertain myself with. Netflix has gotten a bit stale lately and we're actually going to cancel it after the new season of Stranger Things comes out, mostly because they never really have anything new or great to watch. We're planning on getting Hulu instead, since it has shows that we actually want to watch on it. Cable got boring after a couple of days, so my boyfriend decided he'd teach me how to play Skyrim.

Guys, it's amazing.

I've never been much of a video gamer because growing up, I had two brothers who didn't think girls should play them. My older brother was a lot cooler about it, but the only game system he really had before moving out (he's 12 years older than me, so he moved out when I was pretty young) was the old NES system and he had Duck Hunt and Tetris for it. That was it. My little brother would steal and sell any game system our parents got me, and he'd take the money and buy new games for himself for one of his several consoles. So I just kind of gave up gaming, and the only thing I've ever really played a lot of was The Sims.

I'm totally hooked on Skyrim. I love the graphics and the storylines, and even though I'm not super far into the game, I'm having a ton of fun with it. My character is a Breton named Eira, and she's been pretty cutthroat so far. She's only at level 13 right now, but she's had like 30 bounties on her head because of petty theft early on in the game (my boyfriend didn't tell me that stealing things would have actual consequences in Skyrim...) and a couple counts of murder. I have to admit, I'm going to have to really focus on writing tonight instead of playing the game.
October 25th, 2017 at 10:18pm