To the Girl That Broke My Boyfriend's Heart - an Open Letter

I'm gonna just start this off with a small explanation. I've been planning on writing this for a while and those of you who have heard about my history with my current boyfriend, Kevin, will probably understand most of these things that I'm addressing in this letter. I didn't want to keep this to myself as I know that she will more than likely never see this, so I'm just posting it to Mibba.

I have very few hateful feelings towards this girl and I am not going to call her any foul names or slander her as I'm not going to stoop down that low, onto a level that she decided to take herself.

I'm just writing this so I can kinda breathe and continue to live through with my happy relationship as I'm trying to get rid of some negative feelings that have been going on through my head.

Thank you very much for reading.

To the Girl that Broke My Boyfriend's Heart:

Almost five months have came and went since he and I fatefully got back together. I know that you coaxed him into leaving me for some time and still thinking about that hurts and brings fear into my heart, but you and I know well that there shouldn't be any contact between the two of you any longer.

I honestly don't know a lot about you, but he's told me the jist of things that happened in your relationship with him. I know you two were happy for some time, I know he proposed to you in such a sweet way right after you got to meet your favorite band, and I know why you ended up leaving him, and that reason is completely understandable in my eyes.

I know you hurt him though, not only once, but twice.

I won't forget that Wednesday night after he had drowned himself in the bottom of a bottle, and he lied to me about who he was on the phone with; he doesn't remember that night, just so you know. I won't forget that you were messaging him, and the tears that he and I shed when he told me that he was in contact with you, and you made him choose between you and I.

That following Sunday will haunt me forever because I don't know if you understand the tears that I cried when I found out you spent the weekend together in a bed that he and I shared for two weeks. I won't forget crying in the middle of an Applebee's that I refuse to visit now and how he told me things that he's done in his past that he hasn't mentioned to me to this day. I'm not going to forget how he wanted to give you a second chance, and you ended up hurting him again.

I know you two were drinking that whole weekend and when you went back home that Sunday morning, two hours away from where he lives, you, in a sense, lost contact with him; almost as if you wanted to drop off the face of the earth.

You know that you hurt him by doing that.

See, he had never broken up with a girl before me, and because of you, he had to do such a terrible thing, but you know your actions led him into that downward spiral.

I was there for him that following Thursday night after he had gotten arrested for public intoxication and I learned about his plans for that night... but you don't. See, he had lost all hope because you weren't there for him and I was the one girl who seemed to have actually cared about his well-being and who he is as a person.

He came back to me because you weren't there; you were no longer the girl that he proposed to, who he was desperately in love with.

When you called him those two weeks after him and I got back together, I heard every word you said to him. I heard you cry on the phone and ask for him back and you brought him to tears. He was still in love with you, but you had your second chance and you blew it all away. I was scared that he was going to leave me again, but he didn't; he stayed.

I know you loved him, and you were hurt by him not telling you that he was getting back with me, but he saw something in me that most people didn't see and I have a connection to this man that is stronger than the one that lasted the entirety of my former four year relationship.

To my knowledge, you and him haven't contacted each other since July. You were told by his father to leave him alone and I know you've contacted his father since to ask how he was doing, but as long as you leave my relationship with him alone, I'm happy. The man you hurt was the one who told me to delete everything revolving around you off his social media and his phone, and I got rid of everything except for one picture on Facebook.

I kept that picture there for you. I didn't know if you had a copy of the image yourself and me being a music fan, I wouldn't want to lose a picture of me meeting my favorite band. I don't know if you know it's there, but it is.

So, I don't know where you're at right now in life, or how you're doing, but I hope you know that he cared for you and loved you so deeply as he does me now. You and I both know that he has a big heart, a great personality, and he cares so much about the girl that he has by his side. He's courageous and I saw that myself with his struggle with alcohol that he's still carrying with him right now; I don't know how much of that side you saw, but it's something that he's tried his damnedest to keep up.

You saw some of the same sides that I'm seeing to this day, and I hope you know that he's in good hands with me because I know how to take care of him when he's down, and I know how to lift him up and carry him high because I'm proud of the man that you once loved, that I love.

So, to the girl that broke my boyfriend's heart, I wish you the best in your future endeavors. All I ask is that you leave him to live the life that he's living now, and I will continue to stay by his side until the very end of time.

Sincerely,

Kayla V
October 25th, 2017 at 11:15pm