Not Enough

This semester is halfway over, but I'm already done. I'm constantly busy, overwhelmed, and trying to keep up with everything, and different people keep coming to me because apparently I'm still not doing enough. It's beyond frustrating. For my internship, I meet with the advisor every week when we're both free, and last week she told me that I need to start "doing more." I'm already writing about two stories a week for my section. She wants to switch me to news and have me do even more than that.

Then, my editor from my section now wants a weekly meeting as well. So I'll have two meetings for the same damn thing. It's freaking annoying, and I don't know when she expects me to be able to come over there. I don't have any extra time during the day. I have a one hour break in between when I leave work and when I have to be in class. That gives me about 45 minutes to get something to eat.

On top of all that, I'm part of a senior honor society, and they require 36 hours (or a total of 36 points - a half hour per point) of community outreach/attending community events. I currently have ten hours. They sent me an email last night saying that I need to do more or we'll talk about "the status of my membership." Like damn, I'm already doing as much as I can. It's not my fault these events happen in the middle of the weekday. It's not like I'm skipping out on stuff because I don't want to do, it's because I can't! Do you really think I would rather be in a 3 hour night class instead of out to dinner with my friends? Or at the pumpkin patch on a Thursday?

So after I got that email, I texted one of my friends about it, telling her what happened and what I told them (I work and have class all day. It's not easy for me to make it to events in the middle of the day). And my friend turns around and goes "I have work and class too." LIKE OKAY? Obviously you have it, but you get done before the events happen. It's not like I'm just too tired from work/class to go, I'm literally STILL IN class when these things take place. I'm doing the same gd thing everyday just so that I can graduate in May, and I never get to change it up, so yeah, I'd rather be able to run out to different events across campus, but it's just not an option.

I'm just so frustrated because I'm putting in everything I have to this semester, and it's still not enough. I literally only get Saturdays to myself, and even then I'm writing Northern Star articles, going out to walk around campus and plan photoshoots for my photojournalism class. I'm writing two blogs a week for Sports Journalism. I'm co-running an honor society, writing official budgets for conferences and budget requests for next year. I spend all of my time doing shit just so that I can graduate with the best grades, the best honors, the best everything. And people are telling me it's just not enough.
October 26th, 2017 at 05:07pm