Today Sucked

Seriously. Everything about today after 12:30 PM sucked; I pre-ordered the iPhone X and bought a keyboard case for my iPad Pro (which I am typing this on right now), and it all went downhill from there. I got called into work early, so I had to rush home and change and go ALL the way back (because I work at Best Buy, so that’s where I got all my shit at) and it was just shitty. Usually Friday nights aren’t too terrible, but I sold $180 worth of stuff. That’s it. Working 6 hours, I sold $180. To compare, my sales lead spent the first four hours of his shift helping ONE customer upgrade ONE phone, and he proceeded to just have two more sales fall into his lap. I talked with EIGHT people about phones, several others about troubleshooting and general questions, AND I SOLD $180. HE MADE THE STORE OVER $2,000 BY ONLY SPEAKING TO THREE DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. I’m scathing mad at the amount of effort I put into my job today and the lousy return. Not to mention that I was scolded for taking a 30min lunch 8PM when we were slow because I hadn’t eaten since 10AM (even though my sales lead decided to take his PAID lunch after four hours of work with ONE customer, and I basically ran the store by myself for that four and half hours). God today was frustrating.

Next Friday, I fly out to Dallas for some training classes, and go again the Friday after. Hopefully that’ll give me some NaNoWriMo writing time in the hotel room and some writing time on the plane. I’m nervous because this is my first time flying EVER. I’m terrified I’ll somehow get labeled a terrorist or something. Idk, I’ll see how it all goes. Hopefully smoothly.

I work open to close tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better than today. And hopefully I’ll have time this weekend to finish outlining Infinite Whispers. I really can’t wait for NaNoWriMo.
October 28th, 2017 at 06:46am