Business & Life.

I havent wrote on here in a while purely because Ive been so busy with things. I dont know why I write on here, I dont expect anybody to read it, maybe one day I could look back at it and have a laugh. Life has changed so much, I feel like I have grown up and now Im bang in the middle of adult life but I still have and always will have the same old immature funny humour, it makes me different. NEVER grow up in that mind of yours.

I now own a business, I now supply work and jobs to 2 people (aka employees), and when I think about it like that it makes me feel good. The industry at the moment in general is a mess, the fact I (a 22 year old working class lad from Devon) has somehow managed to start up a good business and supply jobs to 2 people, is the only part of what Im doing that makes me feel proud and happy.

The Business
Its good - Im earning money I never thought I would be at this stage, for such a small business and for the amount of time Ive been doing it, its ridiculous. If I maintain my average of work over the next 10 months then the plans to expand are very real.
Im full up with clients, and with 2/3 enquiries a week, I now have to pass the work onto my other trainers who then pay me rent for the clientele. It can be my clients, or their own. Either way, its good money for them, as well as myself. The model works - and if it can work where I am now with more competition than arguably anywhere else, it WILL work everywhere.

Expansion
There has been talk between myself and a friend/client of mine about an investment. Nothing more at the moment. Why for example would I need a £60,000 investment which would mean selling X%? It would mean I could focus on opening more gyms in 1/2 years as opposed to maybe 5/6 years. It would make things go quicker - Im going to see where I am in April, and if the business grows or even maintains, I honestly think I will accept the proposal and open another 2 gyms as soon as possible. Once they are open and running and bringing profit, the next stage would be to move south down through England once Ive done my studies on English Business Laws, because they are all very different to Scottish.

Friends
As I get older I have less, I want to have fun in my life, I want to enjoy myself. A lot of people as they get older become boring, become safe, I want to lead a rock n roll star lifestyle whenever I chill out and have fun. Straight to the pub, night out, go to a gig, maybe a holiday. Have fun man. I have a handful of friends now, all of whom share my working ethic aswell as my fun approach to life. I work my bollocks off and then have the best time ever whenever I have a break. I understand why people become boring and safe, relationships, jobs, but I will never become like that. Being self employed is so stressful that by the end of the week most of the time I get on the razz anywhere and get sh*tfaced.

Trips
Like above - I try to mix my extreme work ethic with having extreme fun things to work toward - this week Im off to Newcastle for Halloween and a Liam Gallagher gig, 2 days off work. Harmless. Then Jack is coming up for a visit to Aberdeen and Im going down to Newcastle, a week off work to have some fun. December Im going on a day trip to Glasgow for another gig. Then its Christmas. ALWAYS try and have something to work toward, it provides motivation I find.

Home
I miss my home in the term that whenever Im at home I feel like its where maybe I belong, I despise the fact that I could never maybe live there again because with work I couldnt, my business would not work back home. A nice dream is to have a gym in Exeter, and I would perhaps then live there, a home in Exeter sounds very nice in 10-15 years time if everything goes to plan, and whats weird is that it seems realistic with how work is going. Its almost insane. Yes the money is okay - but like any start up business I have made sacrifices, I pay myself extremely poorly to make sure the business (a separate entity to myself) gets all the money, this money is then invested etc... now with costs very low Im going to save as much money as possible (paying myself reasonably) and then by April I want 30-40k in the business bank, + a possible investment and lets give this business a proper f*cking crack. I dont work for the money, clearly, I work because I believe one day the money will be so great I could probably retire and sit my arse on a rather large fortune by the time Im maybe 50. If things go all to plan and I have 10-20 gyms, lets just say its a lot of money. I dont know, I love what I do, the money is obviously good but Ive always had this drive to be the best - business brings it out in me, and its been a very very good solid start without ANY help from ANYONE.

Love Life
Everything in life is going perfectly, apart from this, its non existent. It gets to me a lot, most days, and not really making me sad, its more on a deep level. I can kind of feel it really hurt me because I do want that someone in my life, I remember what it was like to be with my ex and the good times, and I imagine that alongside what I have now - life would be so good, it would be nearly perfect. I think its all happening for a reason, if I was in a cushty relationship I dont know if I would work as hard, I think I would work harder, but I would then maybe lose that desire to move away and open more gyms?? I have no idea. But yeah - it gets to me quite hard and quite often. Again with the older I get I just shrug my shoulders, grow some bollocks and get on with life, if its meant to be, it will be.
October 29th, 2017 at 11:14pm