Jimmy John's Stole My Wallet

Or someone working there did, anyway. My boyfriend and I went to Kroger to get our grocery shopping for the next couple of weeks knocked out since it's the weekend and I just got paid. We got an XBOX card to get a couple of the DLCs for Skyrim, and we were also going to get the Boomerang app on our Roku so that we could watch the cartoons we liked when we were growing up.

Anyway, after getting all of our shopping done, we decided to go to Jimmy John's right next door to get some dinner. It's healthier than any of the other options in our neighborhood and it was so convenient because it was right there. I personally haven't ever eaten there and I'm always big on sandwiches, so we went in and ordered our sandwiches. There was a shady employee working, and he gave both me and my boyfriend a weird vibe when we walked in. While I was getting our drinks, my wallet was sitting on the counter directly in front of the register and I turned my back to get the drinks. My boyfriend was standing right by it and I figured he was keeping an eye on it like always. I guess he got to talking with someone he used to know in high school, and we left and I didn't even think about it.

We had literally just walked into the house when I realized that the wallet was missing. We drove back and right off the bat there were some major issues. The guy who looked suspicious when we first went in ducked into the back real quick after lying about a manager being there. Another worker came out with the manager and he pulled up the footage on his phone, but it was too soon for it to be in the system so we have to go back tomorrow.

The thing is, there was little to no actual cash in the wallet. I'm not concerned about that. And while it's a hassle to get my bank card replaced, it's not likely that they'll be able to get anything off of it because they don't know the code and I can have it replaced after reporting it stolen. And I can also get my ID replaced, though it will be a hassle. I'm going to report my social security card stolen as well so that my identity won't get stolen. None of that matters to me because it's all replaceable.

But inside the wallet, I kept my Yellowcard pick that I got last year at the farewell show in Atlanta. It was the last punk rock show at the Masquerade theater and it was a really special tour for me in general since Yellowcard has always been so important to me. I also had a CKY pick that Jess Margera personally handed me at Warped Tour. They're my lucky picks, which is why I carried them around with me.

I'm giving the worker that I'm 99% sure stole it a chance to do the right thing. Hopefully my boyfriend and I scared him into putting it somewhere conveniently to say that he found it and I get it back tomorrow with nothing but a couple loose dollars missing. We're going to check the footage tomorrow, and my boyfriend wants me to keep the bank card on until then so that if he tries to use it, we can at least trace where the card is and maybe get more evidence if it turns out he does have it.
November 12th, 2017 at 03:54am