What Do Your Days Off Look Like?

Starting the day off properly, with the Psychedelic Furs and a steaming hot mug of strong black coffee.

Fridays are essentially my Monday with how my schedule is laid out, so it basically feels like weekends are a phenomenon observed by other people.
Honestly? My work/life balance is utter crap. By the time a day off comes around, I'm left blinking owlishly wondering what to do with my time. This week I caught up on some household duties, fulfilled my promise to volunteer at the school library (at 7 freakin' AM), and then pulled off a marathon grocery shop with my mom. It's worth it to get everything you need before the Black Friday mania kicks in. Black Friday is evil.

I also managed to get a bit of sketching in. I got a Moleskine for my birthday this summer, and I have only been able to put two sketches into it. Sad.

Most of my income goes to paying off bills and other living expenses. However, I am trying to save up enough on the side so that I can purchase a printer/scanner and get everything together to start selling artwork.
Over the summer I had created a collection of designs but didn't have the means of doing anything with them. Now though, I should be able to do this, and I've made a few connections that may work out to be showcase and vendor opportunities.
I'm not sure what kind of deadline I'm shooting for, but I know that I can make this happen now.

But today is back to the daily grind. I'll spend at least 8 hours in a tiny cubical in the middle of the store, typing in long lists of item numbers, and correcting cost fluctuation. This time, however, I was wicked smart and bought a couple pairs of reading glasses. They are dorky as hell, but I don't care, I can see.
I also bought a few new shirts for work, so I won't feel like I'm wearing the same clothes every week. Honestly, think deeply before you purge your closet.

I'm closing this with a few questions, alright?

Do you feel lost on your days off?
What does you typical day off look like?
How do you feel when you have to go back to work?
What is your work/life balance like?
November 17th, 2017 at 04:23pm