A Question. || Also, Happy Thinksgiving.

So, I have a question for all of you lovely Mibbians. My neighbors are just a slight bit of a pain. They have a lovely Rottweiler/bully breed mix dog who is just about a year now. They let him outside via a tie out that's attached to their deck and said tie out allows him to come into my yard a bit, which I don't mind.

What I mind is the fact that this poor dog has been tied out so much that he went from being just excited and playful when he sees my dogs come out to being excited, playful, and frustrated because he can't come play. He will rush from the other side of the yard and hit the end of his tie out which usually spooks my dogs.

I usually check to see if he's out and wait to take my guys out if I can. But sometimes they can't wait, like when we've been gone at work. I also can't always see him if he's on the opposite side of their deck.

When we do happen to go out when he's out, I can generally get them to the opposite end of the yard so that they are away from him. I just feel bad for him as well as for my own dogs.

The people will also look out their sliding glass door and purposely hook him up and let him out when we are out there, despite knowing how worked up he gets, and then they'll yell out the door or window for him to shut up.

So my question to you all, lovely Mibbians, is this:

Is it acceptable to steal my neighbor's dog ask them to knock it off and give a crap enough about their poor dog to wait two seconds until mine are back inside before they let him out?

I have talked to their son about dog behavior and ways to help him before, which fell on deaf ears, but I'm obviously not above continuing to try.

Does that overstep neighborly bounds? I dunno.

_____

Happy Thanksgiving, to those of you who do celebrate it.

I have to go over my parents' again, can you feel my excitement?

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day! Whether you celebrate or not, know I am thankful for you all, today and everyday!
November 23rd, 2017 at 05:50pm