Happy Thanksgiving, Mibba!

Today I've spent a lot of time really thinking about what I'm thankful for, especially since so much has changed for me in the last year. Compared to where I was emotionally, physically and financially a year ago, I'm a completely different person. I have a good job at a place that I actually enjoy working, I got myself out of a terrible living situation in a house that I'm 100% convinced was evil and cursed. I worked through some mental issues I was struggling through after an assault that happened two summers ago. I've grown a backbone and stopped letting my family dictate what my emotions are.

While I was thinking, I realized how grateful I am for my boyfriend, Matt. We've had a couple of major issues in the last year and it did take me a long time to fully trust him and let him in, but honestly he's been such a good support for me in every way. He tells me every day how beautiful he thinks I am, he does lots of little things all the time to make me feel appreciated. Even if its as small as buying me a lighter that reminds him of me - which he did, because it looked like my Harry Potter colors and he knew I was looking to add lighters to my collection. He makes me coffee every morning without me even having to ask. He feeds my cats because he likes taking that on. He's such a good person and honestly, I'm really thankful to have someone that actually contributes to the relationship as much as I do. I've never had that before, and it's an amazing thing.

Today we went to his Grandma's house for our first Thanksgiving dinner together and it was great. All of his nieces and nephews love me, and his cousins think I'm cool because I like Harry Potter. His grandmother and mother always fawn over me and tell me how happy he's been since we met last year, and his sister already treats me like I'm part of the family. It's so different having that from someone that I'm dating. My last serious boyfriend was a joke and honestly, he had the kind of relationship with his grandmother that Norman Bates had with his mother. The guy before that cheated on me the entire time we were together and managed to lie to me about it through it all. Matt doesn't hide me, he isn't ashamed of me, and he proudly exclaims to people that I'm his girlfriend. It's great, Mibba.

So today after dinner, we went early Black Friday shopping because I was looking for a laptop. He busted mine several months back - not on purpose, but it happened and I didn't really like that laptop anyway so we decided not to just get it fixed. We used his after that, but his is a really old one that doesn't have a battery anymore so when the cord comes unplugged, the computer instantly goes off. I've lost a lot of writing that way, and it sucked. So off to Wal-Mart we went, and I found an HP Stream with a year's subscription to Microsoft Office for $199. It's not a full laptop, and I'm not sure if I can play Sims on it or not. But it works for what I need it for, and it's purple. I'm not used to such a small laptop, though, and it's not actually a laptop I don't think. Either way, I'll be able to write on it, and pretty much everything else that I need it for so it works just fine.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Have a safe and fulfilling holiday!
November 24th, 2017 at 12:48am