Finished NaNoWriMo

Leave it up to me to finish the year I wasn't even aiming at entering. I happened to start writing a new story the first week of this month, the first story I have written in a long time. Around a week or so ago I also remembered the NaNoWriMo contest, and for giggles I decided to track how much I had written. Well, I had written already around 37,000 words and thought maybe I had a snowball's chance at someplace hot to finish my story before the deadline.

So I did.
I wrote from 12-5 today on the last two chapters and my story ended up being around 59,000 words. I stood up and I swear my legs almost gave in from sitting for so long. Now I'm slowly posting what I have written onto Wattpad, much to my best friend's dissappointment. As soon as I told her I was done she wondered if I could email the completed work to her, haha.

The next part is the daunting part: editing. I want to get my story edited some more so I can look forward to publishing it in the future. Self-publishing, probably. I am so estatic that I finally finished the story, I wanted to start working on the sequel but right now I feel like the best sentence I will be able to write is "See spot run."

Connect is my baby, and I'm so happy I've seen it grow. Check it out if you get the chance, it's about two telepaths in love.
December 1st, 2017 at 04:14am