IDK.

I have mixed feelings about starting to write again. Part of me is really happy because I have missed it. And another part of me is just not happy with how anything is turning out. I haven't written anything that I have actually been proud of in a long time. But I think I might get there if I keep working at it? I deleted my prologue for my story Shared Spaces because I felt like I was too self conscious while writing it and that was causing me to hold back, if that makes any sense? I just didn't think it was very good. It didn't do justice to my favorite characters.

On a happy note, I'm nearly on winter break. I just have to finish revising these poems for my final class and then I will be free to read and maybe work on my writing more. This class is the thing that got me writing again because it made me realize that I can do it. I can write quality work if I put my mind to it. And I'm starting to realize that maybe long stories aren't for me? I love writing short stories and poetry. I always have. I have a difficult time committing to writing a long story. I get distracted and start working on other projects.

Ugh. I really can't bring myself to just complete this assignment and it's driving me bananas. It's just really intimidating. I know that if I wanted to I could get it done. It's the starting it that is freaking me out. I just need to start it.

Image

How do you guys bring yourself to complete assignments? I don't know what's wrong with me. Why am I torturing myself like this?
December 14th, 2017 at 05:18am