Sad Day for K-Pop Fans

Hello,

This blog is much more somber and serious than my usual ramblings, but I had to let some of these feelings out somewhere.

For those of you who have not heard, the leader of the K-pop super group SHINee, Jonghyun has passed away.
Image

He was 27 years old.

Typically I am not one to make a comment or blog about celebrity deaths because... I don't know, it just always ends up feeling bad taste. Fame or no fame, celebs are real people with thoughts, feelings and lives of their own. Even though it's not my intention, it feels like I am using the tragedy to gossip or worse...garner attention or something very appalling. I hope you all know this isn't something I would ever do, and this blog is no exception.

But... this death has affected me more than I thought it would.

I am not one who would consider themselves a Shawol. But I did enjoy SHINee's music. My first songs I loved from them is RING DING DONG and REPLAY. I wasn't the only one in our family to love this band; I did buy the album SHERLOCK for my sister one Christmas and listened to the tracks together.
From videos and clips I've seen Jonghyun had a massive following and he was well respected. This was no surprise--- he was very talented and clearly loved music. He was regarded as one of the few idol artists in K-Pop who truly lived for music, as he was involved in writing and producing songs.

I would just like to send my condolences to his family and friends. No matter the fame or fortune, let this be a reminder that our favorite idols are still human and so they should be respected as such.

I hope I didn't say anything inappropriate or disrespectful. If I have, I sincerely apologize. That is never my intent.

Image

~Rest in Peace, Jonghyun.
December 18th, 2017 at 05:59pm