Lizz's List of Unposted Stories

I feel like we all know that this was Sam's thing that I'm stealing at this point, BUT GOTTA CREDIT MY GIRL, YA KNOW.

I recently went through and deleted a few unposted stories that I just felt had no potential, but I still have way too many. As in a full page of them still. It's a problem, guys. I get excited about a story, post the first chapter, and then realize I haven't developed anything so it all goes downhill and ends up in my list of Stories I Want to Write but Haven't.

Also, a ton of these summaries are linked back to contests that no longer exist because I've sold my soul to Mibba's contest section, and I haven't gone in to take the links out.

BUT ANYWAYS.

Doe - we're starting off with a layout that has a broken photobucket image. Casually ignoring that. I originally wrote this story for a crime story contest Sam was doing. If you know anything about my writing, you'll know that I pretty much specialize in cheesy, fluffy romance, so this was something that's way out of my comfort zone. I have most of the big plot points planned out, but the in-between details with how exactly the story progresses are a bit fuzzy. I was also struggling to actually write it, because it involves a kidnapping and most likely murder, and the guy behind it is really dark, but since it's a difference from what I normally write, I wasn't quite getting that darkness across.

To Be Taken god, how many times have I talked about this story. I went through a sci-fi phase in 2015, and wanted to write this story so bad. I originally wrote a part of it for a protagonist/antagonist contest where you had to write in two different POVs. I ended up really liking my idea, and so I ran with it, but big surprise, I haven't developed it enough to make it into a story. I feel like with sci-fi especially, you really gotta know what you want to do with your story, but I was basically just falling into tropes and leaving everything underdeveloped. I tried to write it for NaNo 2016, so things are a bit more developed now, and hopefully I can actually figure my shit out and write it at some point.

Real - me talking about a story constantly and not doing anything with it? NEVER. I swear to god I'll write about these gay cyborgs one day, maybe after Fae finishes the layout ahem I'm kidding babe LOVE YOU. This story started off as a contest entry (WEIRD LIZZ) for one of Ella's contests, and involves two boys, one who is a soft gay and one who is a cyborg gay. I was telling Fae a bit about the plot for layout reasons and it helped me sorta decide where the story needs to be headed. I have my characters semi-developed, and I know the big plot bits, but again, I need to work out the finer details. I also lowkey wanna change it to second person because I'm trash for that narrative tbh. This story is at the top of my list though, so I'm hoping to get it figured out soon.

Hurricane - I had such good intentions with this story, and I still really like the idea I had for it, but I was falling into a few YA stereotypes that I really want to steer away from. It's basically a typical YA summer story, with the badass, out of reach girl and the quieter boy who end up falling in love or whatever. But I'm working on changing the plot around so it doesn't end up being so cliche, but that's a work in progress. I also want to casually change this to second person as well, because it's set up to be very blunt and raw, which I think will be interesting to work with in second person. Plus I want to be able to really show Arabella through Lukas' eyes and I think second person would work best.

Falling Over You - this story page has been sitting in my stories forever, because Fae made me a layout and I felt bad because I never ended up using it. I was originally using this page for Vic's throwback emo contest, based on Dakota by A Rocket to the Moon, but obviously I never actually got around to writing it. I'm thinking of changing it to some super fluffy gay shit. Maybe gay girls. We may never know.

Favour the Fuckups - I'll always be a tiny bit embarrased by this, because I actually have no plot at all for this story. I wrote the summary and got excited because I thought it was really cool, and nothing else happened from there. It was also originally for a contest, and it was gonna involve a group of friends and some shenanigans, but I honestly have no idea what I want to do with it. It's gonna take a heck of a lot of planning which means maybe I'll write it in 10 years if we're lucky.

Youth Games - this was the start of my "maybe I should actually develop my characters" revolution. These girls are actually developed quite well. They're the high class bitches in a high school and each of them fits into a classic high school stereotype (cheerleader, jock, music nerd, book nerd) and...the story just wasn't developed after the characters. I have no idea what I want the plot to be, which is sort of a problem ya know.

Untouchable - this story was for the Fictionalize Yourself contest, and it was focused on my relationship with my ex, which was long distance relationship that started online. When I originally started the story, I had exact made peace with everything that had happened and still held some resentment/bitterness, and it was making the story really difficult to write. But now that I'm in a better place I'm gonna give it a go again, because I really liked how I was formatting it.

Run, Little Red - yet another example of a sci-fish story that I never actually wrote. This one was for a contest revolving around fairy tales, and I think putting them into a post-apocalyptic setting? Something like that. Anyways, I had Red Riding Hood (obviously) and I put them into a world where Mr. Wolfe was an "overlord" and Cerise Hood and Elliot Woodsman had to go on this mission to take back the world from him. That sounds dumb as fuck when I say it like that but I swear it was actually a cool idea. I put a decent amount of world building into this one, so I want to revisit it and actually make it into a cool story.

Well, wasn't that a trip. Most of these stories are 1. things I need to develop more and/or 2. out of my comfort zone so I just haven't written them.

CLASSIC ME.
January 4th, 2018 at 09:55am