Beguiled-

It’s an hour into the event.

Crutched by the wall of marble, you stare off across the floor, polluted by cheap suits and bland dresses. Your eyes are wide with intent; a predator surveying the wilderness for prey.

There is little of interest here. A bored sigh of disappointment escapes your lungs.

And then you see her.

In the far corner, it was easy for her to escape your gaze. She stood where the soft beam of the ballroom lights failed to grasp; hidden, but not quite invisible. A glass of wine sits untouched in her pale white hand, but that’s not what catches your eye. You are transfixed, unable to look away. You take all the time you need to study her; she is off staring into her own world, oblivious to the fact that she is being examined like some exotic jewel.

Her figure is tall and slender; wrapped tight by a dress seemingly fashioned out of silk webs, captivating your undeniable lust.

Her eyes fall upon you before you have the chance to turn away, enticing black pearls that meet your gaze. A devilish smile of fiery red lipstick spreads across her pale face, and she winks.

Your spine shudders involuntarily.

No, you are not the predator. You are the prey
January 13th, 2018 at 02:34am