Taking My Writing Out of My Comfort Zone/Languages!

Hi Mibba! How are you this fine evening?

Well, I’m here concerning one of my favorite hobbies: Writing. I feel like I don’t know how to do it anymore.

You see, it has been a serious while since I’ve written anything at all. I’ve tried, and tried but it just doesn’t work. It seems like I have millions and milkjilns of ideas that I am imagine and picture and dream about, but when I sit down with my laptop or a pen and paper, no words flow. No magic happens.

Is this a problem that you’re faced with? What are some things that you do to “cure” it?

On a different note, I did want to discuss languages! Well, more specifically, one language: Spanish. I have been studying Spanish for a little over a year now. My skill level in it? I don’t know. I’m pretty humble, but I’d say that I’m decent. I’m not a beginner. I can understand almost all of it. I can speak and write and read in it to some extent. I kind of want to write something in it. A story, a poem, a one shot. Something. Maybe it will rekindle my love for writing. Even if I finish one story or something, if I complete something maybe it will make me feel better. Do you think that this is a good challenge, a good goal? Do you think that this will help with my writers block? That this will be something that will benefit or harm me?

Do any of you write in a second language? What don’t you write about in your second language? Is there anything that you find is easier? Would there perhaps be any native Spanish speakers on here that I could talk over this with?

Well that’s all for tonight, Mibba!
Have a great night!
xoxo Hannah
February 3rd, 2018 at 05:19am