Breastfeeding Woes, Job Annoyance, and Questions For You!

Can I just complain for a minute? Can I be that terrible mom who hates breastfeeding her child for just one minute??

My son is 10 months officially. Two months left for what we affectionately call “booby time”. I can’t wait to wean Orion. He nurses all night and then 3-4 times a day which is a lot! He doesn’t even really need to be nursing so much but he’s so spoiled he will literally scream until he passes out if I try to get him to sleep without nursing. My daughter was not this difficult at all. Put some songs on for her and she’d pass out quietly after a while. I also don’t feel a bond or whatever. Like I love my babies but personally, I feel like I loved my daughter a little more when she was off my boob.

And like, all my friends are having babies and saying how amazing I am and they get so mad when I’m honest and say I’m only doing it because it’s cheaper and less clean up for me. Like I would totally use formula if it weren’t for cleaning bottles. I don’t know, I know breastfeeding is what is best for my kids and hey, at least I do it but man I really hate it. Like really, really hate it.

I am in the process of getting hired for Stripes gas station, now changing to 7-Eleven. I’m happy that I found a job but I’m already not making a good impression. To be fair, neither are they. For the past week, I’ve been up at the store trying to get an interview done (the manager is a flake. Red flag there), trying to give them the documents they need, then we had to drive up there for them to give me my username and password to get my alcohol license (why they couldn’t give that over the phone, I don’t know). So I got all of that done Saturday and then it was radio silence until I called Monday. They just kept telling me the manager wasn’t in until I called a fourth time to see if he had come in and they told me he wouldn’t be in until the next day. So ok, I call again on Tuesday and surprise, he’s not it. They then tell me they haven’t scheduled me because I need to do training but the system is down so they’d call when it was ready. Then they called today at 11:30 telling me I would have to clock in at their store and then drive to another store in a different city to do the training on their system and hung up on me when I asked if I could do it tomorrow since they called last minute and my boyfriend was having to leave for work. I called back and they told me they’d give me a call to see if I could do the training tomorrow. I don’t know how this job is going to go but so far, I’m not impressed.

I have two stories that are published here on Mibba and on Wattpad. I have two more that I am wanting to write but I want to make more headway with the two I’m already working on. So far, I’ve noticed a lot more people reading my stories on Wattpad than here (which isn’t saying much) and then I get actual feedback on Mibba compared to Wattpad. Not sure why it’s like that but I don’t mind too much. I do still prefer Mibba because at least I get feedback.

1.) Do you have kids? Did you/are you breastfeeding?
2.)Any Wattpad experience?
3.)How do you like your current job? How do you hate it?
February 8th, 2018 at 12:25am