I Met Avenged Sevenfold // Photos.

After 13+ years of being a fan, I finally did it. It finally happened. I met Avenged Sevenfold. It was a week ago today. At the Wichita, KS stop during their The Stage 2018 World Tour. It wasn't a "by chance" meeting or anything like that, but the prize from a contest. Deathbat Nation their fan-site has been holding meet and greet contests so that you can meet them at one of their shows.

I bought tickets to the Wichita show before they announced that they would be at Tulsa. (I'm from OKC so Tulsa is only like an hour and a half away.) I decided to just go ahead and buy a ticket for both - because why not? Who wouldn't want to see them more than once? I entered the meet and greet contests for both shows even though I had zero expectations.

I received the e-mail about two weeks before the show. All I read was: "Congratulations!" and I was just like... 'Excuse me? What?' It took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened. I handed my cell phone over to my best friend and was freaking out. I tried not to think about it for the two whole weeks prior to the show. My friends kept asking me what I was going to say and I didn't have an answer for them. I didn't know what I was going to say or do - other than concentrate on not passing out. lol

It was only about 10 minutes long. It was the shortest 10 minutes of my entire life. We weren't allowed to have our phones out or take "selfies" with them; which kind of sucked, but their photographer friend was there and was taking photos.

Image

(I'm standing between Synsyter Gates and Johnny Christ. BRIAN'S HAND IS ON MY SHOULDER! The more I look at the picture - the more I want to cry.)

Image

Image

Here are a few photos from the two shows that I took.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
February 13th, 2018 at 03:27pm