30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Day Two

Watching: This week's episode of Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Can I say, ooooof.
Eating: White cheddar jalapeño Cheetos
Drinking: Gurlfran, you need to ask?
Feeling: Like March has been poppin' off with a bang.


Edit: HOLY MOTHER OF ADJUBLFSBKJA;DSVFBGK;SB I'M SCREAMING MY BABY GOT WHAT HE DESERVED APPARENTLY I AM DABBING ON THE HATERS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY "CASH COW" BOY NOW, HMMMMM? Also sobbing because no one is telling me what happens to best boy, why is he always left until the end, why?

_____

Mibba, look at you. Look at all of you. So beautiful, so lovely. It's Friday, it's March, you've made it this far, you rock and I adore you all. You are strong, you are amazing.

You all deserve applause. Applause, I say!

Image

Because you're worth it.

_____

Okay, so, welcome to day two of the anime blog challenge. Before we get started, my favorite anime is Durarara!!, will always be Durarara!!, but for the sake of fairness and for not being too boring, I'm going to talk about my second favorite in this blog, simply because it became a favorite so fast and has actually become equally close to my heart. So here we go!

Day Two: Favorite Anime You've Watched so Far

Image
Image
Image

“People need to be told they’re worthy of being alive by someone else or they can’t go on.”

"The words of your past are fundamentally unrelated to who you are now."

"You should forget about your debts; no one remembers what you owe them."

“If you try to save someone you can’t save, you’ll both end up sinking.”

“I’m not interested in fighting. What I’m interested in is living.”


As if it wasn't obvious from my really annoying borderline obsessive behavior, Bungou Stray Dogs.

Because
can
I
just???

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I put the boyfriends back to back, I did this to myself, but that doesn't stop the fact that I feel personally attacked by the godawful scenario I just imagined, oh no.

Absolutely everything about the show is fantastic. the music, the characters, the visuals. Like, I try and try really hard to form coherent sentences about it, but none of them ever come when I need them to.

ImageImage

They sympathize with me.

To me, the show does a very good job of thoroughly exploring the concept of no one being truly good, and no one being truly evil. Everyone has their own motivations and their reasons why, it's what you choose to do with and because of those reasons that shapes who you become.

It's also a great coming of age/cautionary tale about the effects that the influences of those we admire and care about have on us, about facing the demons in your past, wanting to die, but choosing to live.

It's absolutely beautiful and I love it so much.

Image

It also contains one of the few anime scenes that has ever made me cry, so. Yeah, I'm in deep with this guys.

_____

Runner up actually goes to:

Free!

Image

Honestly I never thought I would love this show. I watched it on a whim, it's generally the sort of thing I wouldn't give a second glance to. But it's so beautiful and they are all such precious friends that learn so many great things and they snagged a place in my top ten because of that, dang it.

I'm weak, what can I say?

_____

Anyway, I'm off to maybe sleep. I have to open tomorrow, and the weather is kind of crappy, so I'll likely have to give myself almost two hours to get in, due to road conditions and how terribly everyone in this state drives.

I hope you all are having great nights/days! If not, you have my vibes on your side.

Image
March 3rd, 2018 at 04:54am