My Boyfriend

I don't know how many of you saw my blog about a month ago - see here.

TL;DR - things were complicated with this guy, and now, he's officially my boyfriend. I'm so fucking happy.

He realized that he was not being fair to me. He knew we were dating, basically, minus the formal labels. So he came home for his birthday this weekend, and on Friday we went to the movies to see Black Panther (it was awesome). After we bought our tickets we decided to grab some apps and drinks before the movie. He started to talk about the conversation we had a month ago. He had a really long week with work (he works in mental health counseling) and wanted to stress to me that sometimes, he will be emotionally drained. Then, he said, that if I could accept that, he would love to date me.

I'm not going to lie, I laughed. Laughed, because I didn't know he would turn to want this. Of course I said I wanted to date him. By the end of the night, that was it. I'm his girlfriend.

Yesterday was his birthday, so I went over his house at night. His family was waiting up to meet me. It went 0-100 real quick guys, haha. They were all super nice. Now he just has to meet mine.

I'm so, so happy.

It's still a tiny bit nerve-wracking that we don't know where he'll be by the time June comes around. But I'm taking it day-by-day. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
March 4th, 2018 at 11:44pm