30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Days Six & Seven

Music: THIS THIS THIS. AJlscdnlfgsd;hl/g'c;xlz
Eating: Some blueberry Clif bars because for some reason that's all I have a taste for right now.
Feeling: Exhausted.


_____

Mibba! How you doin'?

I hope you're well. I'm really, really tired. But I'm getting by, living life, and that makes everything aight.
_____

So, I have some catching up to do on the blog challenge, because I slacked off yesterday, so let's get right in there and get to it!

Image

Day Six: An Anime You Want to See But Haven't Yet:

Hooookay, this is slightly embarrassing, but uh...

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

Image

Image

Image

*coughs in an ashamed fashion*

Yeah. Never watched it, always say I'm going to, usually get distracted by something else and/or rewatching something I don't need to looking at you, BSD and DRRR!!.

___

Day Seven: Your Anime Crush:

I'm doing two, because I'm a rule breaker like that and also because I said I was trying to keep it well rounded and not have every blog be about the same anime but honestly this was unavoidable, though I digress.

Boy numbah one is Zenji Banba.

Image

Image

From Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens. He's a dumb hitman moonlighting as a private investigator with a dumb face and a dumb play on being oblivious who is really dumb and I hate him because he's dumb.

Image

Image

Also he really loves spicy pollack roe, HE'S REAL DUMB, GUYS, BUT I LOVE HIM A LOT, OKAY?

Image

On a serious note, I really enjoy his character a lot. You can tell from the start that there's more to him than this goofy dude, and it's obvious from his initial interactions that he cares very deeply about people in general, about what is right and getting justice. It's also very apparent that he's putting a lot of big stuff into motion while making sure that he's the one who would bear the brunt of any fallout, or, at least, I have my theories about that. Only time will tell.

For now, though, I love him and would hug him forever if he were real because he deserves it.

___

*deep breath*
*clutches chest*
*grits teeth*
*casually rethinks my life*

Boy numbah two AKA the big one is Osamu Dazai.
I'M TRYNA BE ASHAMED BUT.

Image

Image

Image
I know those quotes are from the actual author, but.

Yeeeesh, god, kill me now.
From Bungou Stray Dogs. IF I DESCRIBED ZENJI AS DUMB, IDK WHAT TO CALL FREAKING OSAMU, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, HE'S ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC. HIS FACE IS SO DUMB. HIS HAIR IS AWFUL AND UGLY. UH HIS SPECIAL ABILITY IS REAL DUMB AND ANNOYING. HE'S NOT INTELLIGENT IN ANY CAPACITY.

Image

Image

BOY YOU BETTER STEP TF OFF.

Hooookay, so, Dazai is one of those characters that I initially gravitated toward for a variety of reasons, but the foremost one was his way of speaking. You learn pretty early on that all the members of the ADA are fairly young they're all younger, prettier, and more successful than me, but that's not the point I'm getting at, but the way he speaks and presents himself, especially at certain moments, is like someone who has lived five lifetimes; it's odd and yet somehow natural. The character itself has this weird natural knack for putting those he's aligned with at ease, or, at least, he's very good at getting people to trust him, which I found fascinating on the basic level of the fact that his ability can literally render his comrades powerless at any time.

His views on many topics and life in general are fairly grey, and he possesses an attitude that is a really weird mix of completely giving up and striving to keep moving forward in life, and I think that touched something in my own personality which, you get context for, but of course I didn't have any at the time.

I don't know. I have a lot of thoughts about Dazai (I'd give that boy a hug and a cookie if he were real, cause he's had a life and a half), but it's late and also this blog would go on for ten miles if I didn't stop it here.

Image
_____

Anyway, I'm off to try to sleep now. I hope you all have great nights, because you're lovely and you deserve it!

Image
March 8th, 2018 at 06:02am