Wow, It's Been How Many Days? || 30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Days 10 & 11

Music: Boy Meets Evil/Bet Remix. Oooooooo boy you don't know how many times I've looped this.
Eating: Butternut squash soup.
Drinking: Pepsi Pepsi Pepsi Max.
Feeling: Like I want to burst into tears, honestly. Story at 11.


_____

Oh. my. God. Mibba, how are you? It's been like 500 million years since I last wrote a blog. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but you know me.

I hope you've all been doing well. So far this week the arthritis in my hands has reared its ugly head, I've been unable to sleep multiple nights in a row, I crossposted another story and have looked at it each day in quiet contemplation, considering yanking it down and squirreling it away in my heart. I've had several panic attacks over the course of four days. I feel terribly empty and alone, and, about three hours ago, I came home to a flooded living room thanks to my upstairs toilet, which apparently ran over while I was at work and dripped through the ceiling. Good times.

Image

Me slinking away from my problems.

I HAVE LISTENED TO HOPE WORLD SO MANY TIMES IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY BECAUSE IT MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY? It's become some kind of spirit lifting coping mechanism and I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or not but regardless of what I should be, I'm not.

Image

*shrugs*

Anyway, enough of my negative nonsense, I really hope you guys are doing well. I hope that you all know that, even if I'm not visibly active on Mibba, Discord, or Tumblr, you're all still more than welcome to get at me on any platform if you need someone to talk to or are feeling alone. Just throwing it out there.

Image

You guys are the best, and I love you all a lot.

_____

Alright, so, down to business, I have some catching up to do on this blog challenge.

Day Ten: Favorite Fighter Anime.

I gotta be honest, I wasn't really sure what they meant by this? I assumed they meant something action-y with lots of fighting, which makes up a good third if not half of what I watch, but if they mean something that literally the plot is "they fite", then this show makes the most sense. Also it adds some nice variety, at any rate.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

In a city of half a million people who have all been removed, twelve of the deadliest mercenary warriors with the names and attributes of the Chinese zodiac animals are pitted against each other in the twelfth Zodiac Tournament, which takes place every twelve years.

Very well animated with an intriguing premise, Juni Taisen was surprisingly difficult for me to initially connect with and get into. Perhaps it's because a majority of the characters are so self serving, which, makes sense obviously. However, on my second watch through, I found myself ignoring that fact and getting more into the story, the action, and really paying attention to the little nuances that I should have been paying attention to in the first place.

Image

Image

The fight scenes are all really smooth and not as repetitive as one would think they would be, each character's style is really well defined and adapted based on who they end up running up against. The "who's gonna double cross who next" is pretty great too, I felt they did a decent job of not being to obvious about what was going to happen next.

___

Day Eleven: Favorite Mech Anime.

Okay, there was no debating this one. I don't watch much mech anime, as it is. I personally find them to be really repetitive, and I usually don't care for the art style in a lot of the ones I've seen, but there is one that has a special place in my heart, and that is:

Aldnoah.Zero

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Aldnoah has a great story about the war that occurs between Earth and Mars, about what greed and grudges do to people, and the effects of such things on humanity, especially on its children, as you get dragged through the mud emotionally as you watch them all experience death, murder, destruction, and watch it change them inside and out. For the most part.

I felt that a lot of thought went into the battles. The premise of having the humans that split off and went to live on Mars/fight over the moon being these warmongering clansmen was definitely interesting and makes a lot of sense. I liked that you really got to see how the greed and want for position and power got to them, even to the point of going to war with each other, no holds barred.

The characters were also very well written, and it's very easy to get attached to them to the point where a lot of what they go through touches you directly in an emotional way. I definitely didn't expect to feel so deeply or be on the edge of my seat during a mech anime, but these kids, man.

Image

Image

Image

I WANT TO WRAP THEM ALL UP SOMEWHERE AND HIDE THEM AND PROTECT THEM. UGH.

So, yeah. I'd highly recommend it, although I'd suggest going in prepared for some heartbreak.

Image

_____

Alright, that's all for now. I'm off to maybe write, I'm not super sure yet.

I hope you all have great nights! You all are lovely and I'm so proud of you.
March 14th, 2018 at 03:06am