30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Days 12 & 13

Music: Rock It For me || Caravan Palace
Eating: Pizza because it's been a day and a half, lemme tell you hwhat.
Drinking: My usual life's blood.
Working on: Nothing in particular, though I've been plugging along line by line at updates for Happenstance and Paris in the Rain, it's been slow going since I've been preoccupied with house stuff. I also really wish Platonic was just done and in front of me so I could read it, because I'm personally in love with it, but it's not so.
Feeling: Really terrible because I've gotten nothing accomplished and my house is torn apart, but, you know, it is what it is.


_____

Heyo, Mibba! How are you guys today? Hopefully you are all doing well.

My ceiling currently has a ton of holes in it, half the floor is gone in the living room, all of the floor is gone in the bathroom as well as the toilet, and there are giant fans and dehumidifiers going in my house. I can't hear, let alone think. It's good times.

My dogs are going off to boarding tomorrow, so that they don't have to deal with this for the next 3-5 days. Unfortunately, I didn't think of that plan until after their usual place was closed, so they have to be here tonight, but so far they're fine with me here. I work the next three days though, so they'd be alone with the noise, and I just feel it's safer to have them out. Plus, then they'd be already taken care of when the guys come to replace the drywall and flooring that got ruined by my toilet flood yesterday.

Anyway, yeah. That was my day. I hope you guys' were infinitely better.

_____

Off we go, on another doubled up day of the anime blog challenge! This next one took some debate, but I decided this is the saddest non-death scene, and the other two scenes can come together for my saddest death scene one. So, without further ado:

Day Twelve: Saddest Anime Scene.

Without a doubt, hands down, the saddest non-death scene I have ever witnessed, the very same that made me scream and tear up as I clutched my chest is:

The end of No. 6.

Image

Image

Stop. My heart. YOU'LL SAY I'LL BE FINE, BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL.

Image

SURE THAT'S WHAT YOU SAY BUT KNOWING YOUR STUPID SELF YOU WENT AND GOT YOURSELF KILLED OR SOMETHING WHYYYYYY. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEE?!?

Image

Anyway, yeah, guys. The ending of No. 6 is terrible. It will break your heart and leave you in pain, so my advice to you is watch the anime because it's fantastic but skip the last ten minutes, you won't miss anything and it ends up being a really happy ending. Everyone wins.

_____

On to the next one. Since I'm still trying to catch up, good lord. I changed the wording on this one, because A.) the sentence was really awkward and B.) I don't feel "similar" to any characters really? Mostly I either don't relate, I kinda relate, or DEAR GOD I RELATE SO MUCH. So here we go.

Day Thirteen: Anime Character You Most Relate To.

So, this has changed quite a few times, as far as who I've found most relatable over the years, but one character has stuck recently and I don't think they're ever going to fall out of that scope of being able to relate so much I feel it in my soul.

Atsushi Nakajima

Image

Image

Image

From Bungou Stray Dogs. OKAY SO FREAKIN' ATSUSHI. I love him so much and he's just so relatable? For me personally. All facets of his experience and his personality just hit a big chord with me, and a lot of his reactions were identical to the ones I gave for quite a few things during the show.

Image

Initially I didn't see how similar we were, but honestly the demons that follow him from the orphanage that have to deal with self esteem and self worth hit pretty close to home with how my parents were, and his self deprecating tendencies are exactly the same as mine.

Image

He's always doing his best. He works so hard to be there for others, to be excited for living, to show people light and happiness and good, and yet he doesn't think he can have those things in a lot of ways. He's also just done with everyone in his immediate life when they do ridiculous things and has an offhanded, salty comment to add.

Image

He rushes into things first and thinks later. He's definitely not stupid, but he does a lot of rash things that are insanely so. He also gives advice and encouragement that he himself is incapable of taking. Can you say "me"?

I dunno. I just love him and really connect with him. If I had to say an anime character is me, it'd be him.

Image
_____

Alright, I'm off to pack food for my dogs so they have good stuff to eat during their boarding stay. I hope you guys have great nights/days!
March 15th, 2018 at 01:17am