Snapping at My Dad, Confusing My Coworker, Oh, and 30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Day 16.

Music: Nagoya || It Looks Sad
Eating: Yogurt.
Drinking: My tears Nothing.
Feeling: Absolutely no remorse over telling my dad I don't miss him, my mother, or living at home in response to him randomly Facebooking me.


_____

How's Mibba doing today? I hope you're all doing well. Because I love you all and you deserve to do well.

I got my review at work today. That was neato. I also got a random message from my dad on Facebook saying he and my mom "miss me" and honestly I got so mad all I could do was fire back a "yeah, I don't miss you" before I could even think about it, but honestly I don't regret it. Being in my parents' house was the worst time of my life, not being able to like or enjoy anything that I wanted to, not allowed to have any kind of opinion (even after I reached adulthood), having to listen to their religious elitism, racism, homophobia, etc., I am just done with it, all of it.

Image

I don't like to go back, even to visit. It reeks of my mother's emotional abuse, of working day in and day out to figure out exactly what I said to upset her and how to get her to talk to me again, of knowing that her favorite child was my one brother and the rest of us could go to pot, of knowing that my mental instabilities went unchecked for so long because they didn't believe in mental health professionals for young people, that young people can't be anxious or depressed.

Image

Of her basically acting like the mental, physical, and sexual abuse from my ex was my fault. I just... I can't honestly say I miss them. if anything, I wish I had moved out of state so they stopped trying to get me to come over every two days.

Image

You had your chance, now I need to have mine. Okay? Thanks.

Image

_____

Anyway, that got a lot heavier than I intended for it to, I apologize.

Please, take this screenshot that I laughed at for fifteen minutes, courtesy of me posting the article about John Cena and BTS with the caption "what a time to be alive" and my coworker's response to the post:

Image

Image

What a time to be alive indeed.

Image

_____

Now, down to the next day of the blog challenge, which just so happens to be...

Day Sixteen: Anime with the best animation.

I should say, there are two anime that I sincerely think have, quite possibly, better animation than the ones I chose to highlight, or, at least, very close. However, both of those were either very annoying or very cringey to me, therefore I couldn't actually enjoy and appreciate the art, and therefore it drove me to my choice for best as well as my runner up.

Anywho, my pick for number one is:

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World.
And yes, this is the remake.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Being about a girl and talking motorcycle and their travels from "country" to "country", of course scenery is a very important component for setting the stage and conveying the scene, and they definitely delivered. But they also did amazing with the details as well.

Image

Image

Image

It's kind of hard to tell from the GIFs, but I linked the opening above, and I would highly recommend watching it, if you can. It's absolutely gorgeous, and the story is intriguing, albeit a bit open-ended.

__

My choice for runner up had to go to:

K (K Project)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

ALL OF THESE GIFS ARE OF HOMRA I KNOW DON'T @ ME, THAT'S MY CLAN FOR LIFE.

K is absolutely gorgeous, and I honestly wish there were more GIFs of the cityscape, because it takes my breath away every time I rewatch it. If you want to drool over beautiful things, please watch K, I think it's still on Netflix, and it's really great as a dub, voices are on point.

Image

^ Me tryna sell you on this heartbreaking piece of art.

_____

Alright, so that's that! I'm off to try to sleep, though I'll more than likely work on drafting some things instead.

Stay beautiful, Mibba! Though, it should be easy for all of you.

Image
March 17th, 2018 at 03:32am