30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Days 17 & 18

Working on: Platonic
Watching: Mark play fangames.
Eating: Cookie dough.
Feeling: I'm not gonna go there, you can't make me.


_____

Hi guys. How are you today? I hope you're all doing well. I'm really struggling today, like really struggling. But I'm trying, and I suppose that's what really matters.

I've been in a rut, watching and listening to things that make me smile, just trying to help myself feel better. I'm not really sure how well it's working, but at least I'm trying.

I hope you guys are doing well, you all deserve so much, you deserve everything and I will fight for you and protect you because you are all grand.

_____

Alright, time to get down to business with this challenge blog.

Day Seventeen: Favorite supporting male character.

Honestly, I thought I would have to think harder about this, and I suppose one could argue this character being "supporting" or not, but honestly it is what he is, as much as I would have loved for him to be a main, best supporting has to go to my best boi:

Aiichirou Nitori

Image

Image

Image

From Free! Ai is such a precious angel, he supports his team and teammates and he cares about his friends too much. He's very hard on himself and often puts himself and his swimming down. He's too quick to compare his skills to that of others. But he's passionate and dedicated, driven in his own regard and always wants to better himself, even if he is too harsh on himself and his motivations are a bit skewed.

Image

Image

Image

Honestly Ai's growth over the course of the show is one of my favorites. He does eventually become more confident and grow into himself, and he's a lovely reminder that you have to believe in yourself just as much as you believe in others, that taking care of yourself and valuing yourself is the most important tool in your box and you should never let it slip out of sight.

I adore him and he's easily in my top five Free! characters, he's just such a precious bean that I will protect with every fiber of my being.

Image

__

With that being said, I'm gonna roll this right into the next one:

Day Eighteen: Favorite supporting female character.

So, this one required a bit more thought, because a lot of the female characters i adore aren't supporting, like at all, and then I remembered this lovely girl who, even if she's not technically supporting, she doesn't appear enough throughout the anime to be considered main, so therefore...

Airi Katagiri

Image

Image

Image

From Erased. I simply adore her, she's a ray of sunshine, of course, but she's also quick, smart, and a total and complete badass who makes her own and holds her own. There's just something about her that is very relatable while at the same time prompting this reaction of near awe from me. She believes in herself, has trust in and uplifts the people she cares about. She stands by the difference between good and evil, and she isn't afraid to stand up for justice and truth. She's so real, yet at the same time she's on this whole other level.

Image

Image

Image

I honestly wish I could be her. At the same time, I want to protect her with my life but I also know that she's strong enough to not need protecting. She's beautiful and I wish she were real so she could be my best friend.

Image

_____

Anywho, I'm gonna go back to watching Mark and trying to write. This story makes me really happy, but how long it's taking to write doesn't.

You guys, though, you're the best, most lovely beings on this Earth and I love you very much.

Image
March 19th, 2018 at 01:05am