Further Resources

HHHHHHHHHHH OKAY I CHANGED MY USERNAME AGAIN, LAST TIME FOR A WHILE UNLESS I'M CHANGING IT BACK TO WHAT IT WAS, I'M SORRY. Pls don't hit me too hard.

_____

Alright, since I can't sleep and I've only gotten so far with this update for Paris in the Rain, I decided I would put together another resource blog because A.) I'm always in the mood for resources, and B.) I figured doing one resource blog a month would be decent from the standpoint of the writing challenge.

Speaking of the writing challenge, we're all still plugging along, and I just want to say I love each and every person involved. You are all so lovely and I admire the dedication and passion I've been observing in everyone; it's been an honor to take part in.

Anyway, let's get this steam train a rollin'.

Image

Resources for description, variety in word use, diversity in character ethnicities, and developing relationships:

- kidspawn's writing kit
Contains some great ambient/instrumental listening as well.

- Writing With Color

- Resources for Describing Emotion

- A Chart for Relationship Development

Resources for writing, charting/planning your story, and ending it.

- How to End a Story

- Beast's Masterpost of Sites for Story Charting

- The Hemingway App

Laughs and encouragement:

- 10 Prompts to Make Your Story More Interesting

- Write When You Can

- Vaguely Threatening Encouragement from a Small Octopus

- This dog believes in you and I do too/Positive Doodles


Further resources can be found here and here.

(I apologize in advance that most of the Tumblr links link back to my own personal Tumblr, which is a complete disaster, but my laptop is lagging something ultra fierce and it would have taken me 10 years to follow the links back to OPs, considering it took 2 years just to get them off mine.)

Go forth and write, I believe in all of us!

Image

Oh my god this tab crashed while I was in the bathroom and I cried a lot because that may not seem like a lot of words but the thought of rewriting it crushed my soul.

_____

I'm off to... stare at these chapters that I'm going back and forth between and probably get no sleep because that's just my life, right at this very moment.

*shrugs off the plane of existence*

Image
March 19th, 2018 at 05:01am