30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Day 19

Music: DKLA || Troye Sivan
Eating: Cinnamon sugar PopTarts
Drinking: Pepis Sorry, I've been making that joke all day ajdklsfgshld/eagf.
Feeling: Image


_____

Mibba! How is everyone today? Well, I hope? If you're not doing well, my thoughts and vibes are with you and I hope that everything starts to look a bit clearer soon.

I freaking love you guys, from the bottom of my heart.

Image

_____

So, here we are again, another challenge blog. What, oh what, could it be today?

Day Nineteen: Most epic scene ever.

Okay, like, that's a really? Tall? Order? I doubt that my personal pick would be one that would make a lot of people gasp or sit on the edges of their seats or anything, but it's still my pick because no matter how many times I watch it, I never cease to get a hitch in my breath, it's simply wonderful.

Dazai and Kunikida in BSD S1, Ep. 7.
Hopefully that starts where it's supposed to, if not, skip to 1:31, although you can probably get the gist from the GIFs below.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

*deep breath*
*hyperventilates anyway*
*slaps self*

Okay, okay, OH-FREAKING-KAY. Can I just gush about this for a second? Obviously the scene itself is phenomenally animated, which is one of my all time favorite things about BSD in general, but the sheer teamwork demonstrated in this scene in particular, the sense of trust and faith that is conveyed just touches me so deeply, and I'm gonna elaborate because screw not trying to be biased with these blogs, I think we're past that.

This scene was the first one to really solidify the immense trust Dazai's partners have to have in him to be able to work with him. They can't fear him, can't afford to have their concentration shaken by the fact that he could disarm their abilities at any moment, because they have to be so focused on the offensive portions of fights.

Dazai, notably, is only ever directly partnered with ability users who possess combat abilities or abilities and skills that put them in the position of being the forward attacking element of the team. This is because his own skills and abilities lie in strategy; he is nowhere near as skilled or strong in hand to hand combat, and likely never will be. His purpose is infiltration and strategy as well as being there as a safeguard against over-powered abilities.

At any point, at any time, during any fight, there is always the chance that Dazai could decide to incapacitate a partner, or that an error could be made that would cause such a thing to happen. Had Dazai merely grazed Kunikida during the trade off, one and likely only one of them would have gone crashing to the floor. But this doesn't happen, doesn't ever happen throughout the course of the show, whether his immediate partner is Kunikida or later Chuuya.

Now, whether this doesn't ever happen because he is partnered with people who can take him out physically is an intriguing concept, and it's entirely possible that it is the truth.

Image

Image

But, back to trust. When you think about Dazai's personality as a whole, there are a lot of missing pieces that even the most thorough partner is likely to never be privy to, and given his personality and habits, one would think there are plenty of reasons not to trust him. Kunikida, as a general rule, is calculating, intelligent, and driven in his sense of purpose, however he can't read I believe he isn't without his fair share of speckles in his past, therefore I think that attributes to him choosing to trust Dazai.

Or, at least, trust in Dazai's sense of self-preservation and to realize that Dazai knows he needs his partners equally as they need him, if not more.

I'm really rambling, and trust me I could expound on this subject for months if not years, so let me stop myself and sum everything up:

It's an amazingly well done animation piece, the action is stunning, the twist in the strategy is captivating, it's a great study of trust in partnerships when life is on the line, watch Bungou Stray Dogs because you won't regret it, this is my pick for the most epic scene, thanks for enduring my Ted Talk.

Image

Image

Image

_____

My runner up was actually also from BSD and it was:

Kunikida vs Akutagawa

Image

Image

Image

Just. A superb scene. Again, the animation? Stunning. Their banter back and forth? Phenomenal. Akutagawa acknowledging and appreciating Kunikida? Priceless, man.

Just lovely all around. 10/10, as one can only expect from Kunikida, honestly.

_____

Anyway, that's enough of my babbling on. If you've made it this far and endured my nonsense, please know that I love you from the bottom of my heart and I want nothing but the best for you.

Image

Have a great night, Mibba!
March 20th, 2018 at 02:18am