Yo, My Dudes. || Get Recc'd Twelve

Music: Ko Ko Bop || EXO IT GOES DOWN DOWN, BABYYYYYYYYY.
Eating: Peanut M&Ms.
Drinking: Nothing and the sweetness is making my mouth feel v gross.
Feeling: AHA you don't want to know.


_____

Y'ALL BEAUTIES OF MIBBA.

Image

Happy April. How was Easter for you all, if you celebrate? I hope it was good, you guys deserve good holidays full of tasty foods and rest and no annoying relatives.

I, on the other hand, had to go to my parents' house and pretend like I miss them and want to be there whilst dying on the inside every time they open their mouths or say "we love you".

Image

But I got through it, and with little to no damage done, so I'm proud of myself. I've been slipping up a lot with my ED recovery and my anxiety has been raging against the machine, but I didn't let my parents toss me completely down the rabbit hole. I am exhausted today, form dealing with them, but I will rise and get back on track.

I'm also sorry for being terribly absent from Mibba, guys, and/or hopping on to rant or complain only. That really isn't something that I wanted to do; if anything I'm trying to be more uplifting in general. Which leads me to another thing that I've been thinking about lately, and that is:

uplifting and encouraging my fellow writers.

Yes, you read that correctly. I've made a commitment recently to reccing every story that I read that I enjoy, or even those I don't. I used to not travel much out of my comfort zone in terms of reading and reccing, but, honestly, who am I to be so picky?

The important thing is that you all are out here writing. Sure, All Time Low or Chris Evans may not be my thing, but if I clicked your story I'm going to take the time to read what you have and at least leave a recc and, hopefully, I'm going to get better about leaving comments soon.

I think that's important, to encourage your fellow writer and expect nothing in return. Because really we should be about doing that. And if you have something to say, by all means say it. Shoot, keymash a comment if you are truly that emotionally stirred by the content. Or, say nothing at all. But if the writing is sound, the story is mildly interesting, or original, or you can see all the effort and love that went in, it deserves no less than a recc. I don't care if it isn't "my" fandom or "my" preferred genre. What it is is enough for me.

April is the month to get the positivity train rolling. And it starts with me.

_____

Alright, on that note, let us:

Get Recc'd.

Image
Did I ever tell you how much I love that sequence? Cause I love it a lot.

Y'all know how this works by now, so let's jump right in on this.

__

Crossifre by Captain Twinkie.

"Who are you?"

"Angel to some. Demon to others."

"And your name?"

His smile was empty, full of pearly white teeth that were far too sharp to be normal.

"If I told you, it might spark that memory."


__

Safety Net by spencer hastings..

It all began in a coffee shop.

__

Serendipity by Insatiable..

“When the moon fell in love with the sun, all was golden in the sky, all was golden when the day met the night."

__

Annihilate by silenthorror

The year is 2020 and a mysterious meteor has crash landed on Earth. A team of scientists are sent to investigate the strange phenomenon happening at the crash site. Once they get closer, horror unravels. The world is hanging by a thread. A handful of people infected with the fungus gained special abilities rather than turning into the horrific mutations, a shadowy company is after their powers to use for global domination. Noah, a special young man blessed with the powers will stop at nothing to protect the ones around him and take down The Company.

__

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, FAM. SHOW THESE BEAUTIFUL STORIES SOME LOVE.

_____

Anyway, I'm gonna go try (?) to write I guess. I had planned to GIF this whole blog and make it really fun and stuff, but my head really hurts and my heart just isn't in it right this second.

But you guys, I hope you all have wonderful nights, because you are lovely and I want nothing more than for you to have the happiness that you deserve.

Image
April 3rd, 2018 at 04:33am