So Many Changes

For the record, I actually check Mibba every day, multiple times a day. I just don't really post anything.

There's a lot coming up in my life. Like, grown up stuff.

Firstly, I'm moving stores. We're opening up a new location of the restaurant I work at and they asked me to be the host trainer. Like, out of the whole company (19 locations, I think?), they wanted me to do it, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've served and keyed as well, so I can give the new kids different perspectives.

Anyway, I'll be at a store that's about 45 minutes from my house. My boyfriend, however, only lives about 25 minutes away, so I'm gonna be staying with him a lot. It'll be a nice look into what living together will be like which will be handy since we'd like to be moved out of our parents' houses by this fall. I'm so stoked, y'all. While I'm at the new store, I think we're gonna start looking at apartments in the area. I don't make a ton of money, but the training gig is gonna have me making quite a bit and I should have a lot of extra that I can put aside into savings that'll help with the first few months of rent, if we can keep our hands off of it.

I'm also looking into going to school in the area we're planning on moving to. I need to get back into it and I have a lot more motivation to get through it now, especially since I have a solid direction to go in. The program would be for an associates and certification in Neurodiagnostic Technology. I've had a lot of experience with EEGs, being epileptic and all, and like, I don't know why I didn't think of going into a program like this before, but it just kind of hit me one day.

So, I want to get enrolled in that, move in with the boyfriend, and if everything goes well for a while, he can go ahead and propose and we can really start our lives.

Cause, like, that's the plan. We've talked about it in depth and everything. It's all real. I've never been so sure of anything in my life. But this, this guy, I'm sure of him. He's the one. It's cheesy and cliche, but after my ex, I kind of figured I was just gonna have to settle for someone decent like my parents did, and then Michael came out of the blue and it was like, "Wow, this is what it's supposed to be like. This is a healthy, loving relationship."

He's also the first person that's made me question having kids. Like, anyone who asked me a year ago, I was like, "Absolutely not. Ew. Do not want." And then Michael and I got super serious and something just changed in my brain and body. I see little kids now and I smile at them and get that dumb voice. It's kind of disgusting. And, he was the same way. He didn't want them at all and then he started thinking about it and a big thing for him was seeing me interact with my cousin's daughter when we were in Louisiana (first baby I ever liked). He saw how I was just glued to her.

And suddenly we're at Panera Bread talking about what we want to do when it comes to religion and what to dress them in. It's wild.

I can't wait to marry him. But it's still a little ways into the future.

So, I'm doing well (obviously). Plus, baseball started again, so that's exciting. My last blog was actually about the World Series lol. It's been a while.

Still, I've been feeling a little off for the last few weeks. I think a lot of it has to do with my grandmother passing away, but it could also just be my general depression. I'm not sad or numb or anything. Just kind of off, bordering on down. I'm sure it'll pass. Could also be stress related, all the changes coming up and stuff.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. Life is getting pretty exciting. Hope all of y'all are doing well.
April 8th, 2018 at 09:07am