Not

These days, all the things you read are often arrived from the trio Facebook-Instagram-WhatsApp. Most of the things are crap, but once in a while you come across a diamond in the ocean of stones. And eventually it's a Poem which is going viral, named "NOT", by Erin Hanson.

May be I'm wrong, but the so called techno-enthusiast youth(Including myself), and our previous generation as well, we all are becoming a target of this addiction named social media (The trio I mentioned earlier). And addiction is not the problem, from my point of view, it is up to individuals regarding to how they spent or rather waste their time.

The problem is every single person out there is sharing the good stuff about their lives, so when you go on surfing through the FB or Insta feeds, all you see is how happening life your friends have. You will see stuff like, how awesome is the coffee he had, or, How cute puppy one has, or, How much fun they had at the dinner last night, and then you think, or rather wish to have the coolest life in the world.

So next time when you are actually having little bit of fun , this stupid devil inside tells you, "You gotta post this online dude, Lets make others jealous", and you give in to that idiot thought. But as there is probably somebody in your friend list who is having a not-so-good day, she/he will be browsing through your posts, and will certainly feel bad or left out. And then the chain reaction begins, cause of course you cannot have happening life all the time, and one day you too will have not-so-good day, and that day will become worse by checking these Social media feeds.

So you see, you will become sad by just seeing others are happy. And that is the real problem.

So next time, when you feel that your life is so boring, read this poem. Remember what you are, and more importantly, What you are NOT.

You are NOT the 'Likes and comments on your posts', you are the one who lived those moments.

You do NOT need to post a picture of your friend on his/her birthday, a warm hug is more valuable.

Sharing a selfie is NOT mandatory at a dinner, but sharing a joke might cheer up the mood.

Let's be ourselves, NOT pretend to be the cooler version of ourselves ;)
April 8th, 2018 at 10:02am