Always Coming Back

Hey, Mibba. Seems like I took a long hiatus again, but--as always--I'm back. It's not that I ever actually left, though; I still routinely open the homepage and snoop around; Mibba's a habit I can't seem to kick.

I hope you all are doing well. I had to take yet another break because, per usual, life's been kicking me in the ass, but I think an end is in sight; I initially left because working 40hrs a week + classes sucked, but I needed to do it. I got in a car wreck, bought a new car. Then, I got a second job, but after that, we found out the store I work at full-time is closing, so I had to quit my second job and pick up a different second job, while also searching for different full-time employment. I have since decided to drop out of school, work full time, and focus on myself (as that's not really something I've ever been able to do). So, Saturday I move out of my dorm and into my first apartment with some friends, and the Sunday after next I begin a different position with this same company. I'll be working only one job, but I managed to score a pay raise, so I hope it'll all even out in the end.

Anyways, I really want the second half of this year to be about *me*. I never really got to do that; as a kid, you never realize how important it is to focus on yourself until you can't anymore. For the last three+ years, I've been focusing on how I can make money, support myself, go to college, build for my future... and, honestly, it's exhausting. With this new job, I'll have a 401K, health insurance, a structured schedule, everything I could ask for as a college drop-out, honestly.

I also really wanna get back into writing. For the last month or so, I've had the first 100-or-so pages of The Land of Infinite Whispers printed out to edit. I've gone over a few pages, made notes, but I just can't find that drive to do it. I'm torn between abandoning the idea until it catches wind, or pushing through and making it happen. I'm not entirely certain what would be better, but I do know that by the end of the year, I want to at least have a complete first draft of a novel finished. I want something to work on, so I can chase my dream. I just want it to be good.

With that being said, I'd also really like to find some critique partners to work with; a group of people who I can rely on to give honest, thorough feedback, and who can rely on me for the same in return. Hopefully someone can come thru and help a boy out.

Peace, y'all
April 16th, 2018 at 05:11pm