Trips & Stories & Things

Hiya Mibba!

So if you follow me on Snapchat or Instagram, you know that I went to Washington, DC last week and holy moly, what a trip that was. First of all, there were six of us packed into my best friend, we'll call her Z's, apartment. Second of all, there originally was going to be five of us but my other best friend, Y, who lives in Phoenix actually, SURPRISED EVERYONE AND HAD BEEN THERE FOR A WEEK.

She literally came up behind me while I was waiting at the airport for everyone and I screamed. I legit screamed because she had told me she was "going out of town" and her sneaky ass was actually going there!

But that night I arrived, along with my friend I (who, by the way, I hadn't seen in 11 years) and my cousin F, we stayed at the airport all night. I got there at 2am and we had to wait for F, whose flight was arriving at 6am, so we were like *shrug* let's just hang out at the airport.

NO ONE SLEPT. We stayed up that whole night and talked (I and me, esp, caught up) until F arrived. Then we took a 45 minute Uber back to Bethesda, where Z's apartment was. Then we slept for 2 hours, and woke our asses up to go to the cherry blossoms, Georgetown, do an Escape Room, go to Adams Morgan for ramen, then to U street (where Howard University is) to a cherry blossom pop-up bar, then back to Adams Morgan for karaoke which we ended up going to the next day (Saturday), and then back to Bethesda.

We fucking died. Literally the best sleep of my life was that night, after an entire day of doing so many things and running on 2 hours of sleep. We all passed the fuck out and had a much more chill Saturday. We ended up going to a fancy ass brunch in Dupont Circle, then to the National Portrait Gallery (where I saw the portraits of my boos, Barack and Michelle Obama) and then went to karaoke, got dinner, met up with my cousin for a bit, then we went out to a couple of clubs).

Then on Sunday, I and F's last day, we hung out and got brunch, explored some bookstores, before they had to leave. Then we got dinner and watched a movie at Z's place. Infinitely more chill than the last two nights. We figured we deserved a nice night after all that nonsense lol.

Then on Monday, Y and me left. I was so sad to leave tbh but I just remembered to look forward to my San Diego trip at the end of the month for my birthday. My brother and his new-wife (oh yeah, he got married by the way) booked their tickets and my parents are gonna drive up too so it'll be like another family reunion.

The last one was at the mini-wedding in March so I'm excited to see my lil nephew and the doggos!

AND THEN, I'm going to Puerto Rico in June with one of my friends which I'm excited about. I'm also iffy too tbh since the hurricane and stuff, I don't wanna be like those people that partake in voluntourism. It wasn't my decision to do Puerto Rico, she decided all of it, so we'll see but it's definitely happening. My brother also said he's going to pay for my tickets because he owes me a trip from when he missed my graduation 'cause he was in China.

Now onto stories...I'm uber excited because I finished outlining the entirety of Wonderland. My plan is to write a chapter a week and hopefully finish by the week of October 15, 2018. So far, I'm sticking to the plan but in case I don't, the October due date is actually good because it gives me a buffer. The real real goal is to finish writing it by December, so as long as I'm done before then, we'll be good.

But it's just cool that this is slowly coming to fruition. At the same time though, I'm coming up with a zillion different story ideas in my head and I keep writing them down in case I wanna revisit in the future, but it's so difficult to not relapse into old habits of writing 900 things at once. But so far, I'm doing good. Pray for me lol.

Holla at those of you (especially Sam) who comment and read it all the time. Y'all keep me goin' <3

Other than all of that, my life has been pretty stagnant. Just working and then coming home to watch TV (I'm on season 4 of The OC rn). I should probably explore the area a little more since, even though I'm still living in Phoenix, I did move to a part that I'm not super familiar with. I went to a coffee shop yesterday and wrote some of the next chapter of Wonderland which was cute and mellow. My new goal is to try something new every week in this lil city so let's hope I also go through with this lol.

So enough about me lol, how is everyone doing? How're your lives and stories coming?

I'm off my lunch break now so I should get back to work so catch ya later, Mibba!
April 16th, 2018 at 09:16pm