My First Waxing Experience

**This blog contains some TMI. If you get uncomfortable reading TMI stuff, don't continue to read.**

So on Tuesday was my first waxing experience EVER in my life. What did I get done? Brazilian wax to be exact. I go to this nail salon that also does waxing. They have a whole big list of what they do waxing wise. I have been thinking for awhile about doing the brazilian.

Just a heads up, I have been shaving down there for years now. But it never seemed to last long enough for the effort I put into it. I also had some ingrown hairs that were still noticeable even after I shaved. Plus I just spent hours doing it, and I was getting sick and tired of doing it.

What prompt me to go through with the Brazilian wax was that I completely let myself go down there. I didn't shave for about a month and a half. I am currently seeing a guy, and we are slowly becoming more intimate. I don't want him to be greeted with a wookie if something were to happen this weekend. So instead of spending god knows how long shaving, I went to get waxed.

I was a nervous wreck waiting for someone to do the waxing for me in the salon. I was texting people asking if they ever got this done. They all said no, but it hurts a lot. So I'm overthinking about everything, and felt awkward that another person was going to be looking/pulling hair out of my vagina.

I got into the waxing room and got undressed from the waist down. I told the lady I never did this before and I was nervous. Although she did tell me the first time is the most painful, she told me to not feel embarrassed and was just really comforting.

So I got the wax put on, and it was pleasantly warm. She put the paper on, then ripped it off. At first I was like yikes that hurt. But it wasn't as bad as I built it up in my head. The worst part of it pain wise was the lips of the vagina.

The lady kept making sure I was fine and able to continue. She was incredibly sweet, and she did a great job. Like, major props to her for having to be the poor soul to do this. The whole thing took about twenty minutes. It costed me $50 to get the brazilian. And I gave the lady a $20 tip, so $70 in total.

Overall, I'm glad I went through with this. I would absolutely go through the 20 minutes of pain anytime over spending god knows how long shaving. I am most definitely going to get this treatment done again. It's been two days, and I normally see hair starting to return if I shaved. But with the wax there is no hair, or signs of hair growth at all. I'm super happy with the results.

So yeah, that was my awkward TMI blog for you guys. Have a good one!
May 10th, 2018 at 10:25am