If Everyone Else Gets an Official I'm Leaving Blog, I Want One Too

Hi Mibba!

This isn't surprising, as none of you guys know who I am so that's enough to show how much I use this site, but I wanted to make one last final blog. An homage to all my time on Mibba, if you will.

It's been years since I've used this site, but it honestly has such a special place in my heart. I wrote and finished my second ever book- Homophobe!- and I wouldn't have been able to do that without the Mibba community. Seeing other people not only reading but like, actually enjoying my writing was such a surreal experience. It was so motivating to know that if I wrote something, there would be people there waiting to read it. Crazy! Honestly, there was a long, long time that checking Mibba was part of my daily routine. I loved Mibba.

Mibba "revival" has been an ongoing mission, and I'm sad to say that I won't be a part of it. I've come to accept that Mibba is a past part of my life- but I look at it with such fond memories! I hope it's still making enough money on ads that it can sustain itself for a bit longer, because regardless, I'll be sad to see it go. Even though it's a graveyard here, it's fun looking through the tombstones when I'm feeling nostalgic.

If you've read any of my past blogs, you all know where I am. Wattpad! I've found a place on Wattpad that really feels right to me, but I still have to thank Mibba. Without Mibba being there as a stepping stone, I would've never been able to have the courage to share my work with literally millions of people (still shocked everytime I see those numbers). I think I might actual share Homophobe there with a re-write because I'd love to share Ash and Chase's story with more people.

I have so many more stories to share and while they won't be on Mibba, I still hope all of you guys are doing well over here! It's comforting to see that people are still somewhat using the site.

Keep fighting the good fight! I'll see you around sometime, and if you're ever on Wattpad, hit me up!
May 16th, 2018 at 04:58am