Fitness Update

Hey, y'all!

So I think like 2 blogs or so ago I talked about how a goal for my summer was to do more fitness things. I feel like I usually say that and nothing comes to fruition but I actually have stuff to talk about!

As of right now, I'm 2/3 done with my second week of working out. I am currently not enrolled in a gym for many reasons. The closest gym to me is really expensive/beyond my budget and the more affordable one is really out my way and not accessible to me.

But I did buy a yoga mat and downloaded the Nike Training Club app.

Downloading and using exercise apps aren't new to me...but this one blows all of them out the water.

Other work out apps I've used are like "Yes! 15 minutes! You'll sweat a little but you'll be fine! No soreness!"

The Nike Training Club app takes those apps and kills them.

Even the beginning workout they make you do to "assess" you will have you panting, sweating, tired, and pushed to your limits.\]

So when you get to the 20-30 minute workouts...
Image

To say they're TOUGH feels like an understatement. I'm COVERED in sweat after each and every round and it's frustrating yet so motivating at the same time?!? It's aesthetically pleasing and clean without just being that. You can use your own music in-app (and I don't wanna toot my own horn but I have a BOMB Spotify fitness playlist.) and there's like a semi-robotic Suri like voice that is, I wouldn't say yelling, but is passionately like "Give it your all!" "Push your limits!" in-between describing how to do the workout being shown on screen.

I like it. I like that it challenges me and I'm like "Omg I'm dying, I can't do this, I HATE this" as I continue to do it anyway.

And I feel so. damn. proud. When I finish/survive the workout lol. I drink an entire water bottle cause I'm DEAD afterwards, but I did it lol.

It's only the second week so I'm not like "OMG I LOST 13828 pounds!" cause, honestly, I'm not weighing myself. I feel like, at least for me, weight doesn't matter. Like, okay, you know when you're buying something online and you read the reviews to see how it'll fit and stuff and someone is like "Oh! I'm 5'5 and weigh 148 pounds and I got size x!" Like...that doesn't help me lol. Everyone's weight is different on the way it is shown and held on a body.

Like last time I got weighed, I was 160+ pounds and I'm 4'11 and it was "Okay...where is it!??!" cause it was a 30 pound weight gain from the last time I got weighed and at both weights, I'm a size 12 jeans and a medium top. Like those tops may be a little snug now cause since then I got on the pill and gained some "happy" relationship weight lol...but no matter what weight I am I still have 42-inch hips and a smaller waist. I'm the definition of a pear shape.

And when I was 130 pounds I was really "thin" and I didn't like it lol. My "comfort" weight is 135-145. Like that's good for me. I've always been the girl with the extra "baby weight", lil tummy, wide hips, and big butt lol. And that's how I like it.

But, I do wanna be stronger. I don't wanna be the person in the 40s,50s,60s taking a whole bunch of meds for all these issues and can't do shit. I wanna be strong and work on current me so 60 year old me can be a GILF lol.

But, anyway, even though I'm only at the near end of week 2, I see a difference. You know when your body gets like the outlines for abs? When you start to see that line down the middle form a bit and your obliques are more tone? That's where I am now.

And I can do modified pushups now! I couldn't do that a week ago lol. And, at least for my workout plan, it makes me do a thing called a walkout (it's the first one) and those KILLED me last week. Did them last night...not bad.

Honestly, if I could just have the body I had like a year ago...I'd be happy. Which I'm not even that far off from to begin with, but I really didn't appreciate when my body was like that as much as I should have and I see photos and videos and I'm like "Damn! I was so cute!" lol.

On the nutrition side, it's okay. It's not bad, but it's not amazing. I'm not restricting myself from anything cause I feel like that's where you set yourself to fail. I've been drinking a lot of water and sometimes I get a salad in there and be the epitome of #cleaneating and sometimes I eat like mac & cheese for 2 meals lol.

It's a fluctuation. And that's okay and I fully embrace that.

Okay, I'm done lol.

See you in the next blog.
June 2nd, 2018 at 08:04pm