Sneaking Back In

Hey everyone, I hope this blog finds you all well. ♥

Sorry for being a little inactive. A few things have been going on in my life.
- exam period. I know I said I wanted to maintain HD's haa but I'm tired and want this over with.
- my parents did a surprise visit (during exam period).

It was really great seeing my parents again. I mean, I've been living out of home (for study) for quite a while now, and I really missed them.

So, there's a situation going on at my parent's place. My sis and her husband recently moved in back with my parents as she was trying for a baby and needed support. Fast forward to now, their baby is now 15 months old. Both my parents are full time workers, my mum is on shift work (night shift) and they are very hands on with raising the baby. Yes, it's our culture to, however... See people, my sister is an extremely career driven woman (and there's nothing wrong with that). However, my sis doesn't really... put much effort raising the baby. I know I sound terrible right now, but bear with me, I'll elaborate.

Her husband (my bro in law) is studying part time and looking after their child full-time. He also does everything around the house. My mother (remember, who is a full-time night shift worker) helps tremendously and she also does all the house work, too. When I mean by that, I mean my mother bathes, feeds, watches the baby AFTER her night shift ALMOST EVERYDAY. My parents are getting old (my parents are mid 50's to 60's), and they confessed to me - other than visiting me for my birthday, they desperately needed a break. I saw my mother and I can see she is wearing out. I am completely heart broken right now. I hate seeing my parents like this. I used to work 12 hr shift work (inc night duty) and that would completely smash me. I can't imagine looking after a baby as well. Especially at my parent's age.

I spoke with my partner's parents (as I'm very close to the family and so is my parents) and my mother confided in them too - we all know she needs a break. But my parent's can't drop to part-time with their jobs due to their job description (which tbh I think is bs). And here, in Australia there is an age requirement when you can retire and receive your pension.

I don't know. I want to do something and help, but I live in a completely different state. When I visit home, I help out with the baby and home, but that's not enough.

Now, I know I said I sound terrible saying my sis wasn't very hands on, but let me elaborate: she's a little forgetful. Lol. I really love my sis, but I know her haha. She is an incredibly heavy sleeper (she falls asleep before feeding the baby and doesn't wake up when the baby cries) and she's a little clumsy (she forgets to feed the baby/ doesn't know how to do certain things/doesn't like changing nappies). My bro in law is great here. He is completely amazing. However, he also does shift work (casual) and his part-time studying. This is where my mother steps in. My mum feels compelled because, she can see my sis and bro are struggling.

I'm just so frustrated. I mean, I'm pursuing med here and I'm completely stuck, but I just wish I can either 1. quit and go home and spend the limited time left with my parents or 2. just hurry up and graduate and move back home.

How can I communicate my concerns with my sis? They have multiple investment properties, so money shouldn't be a problem just sell one of your houses. Money can not put a price on health.

Sorry Mibba for the rant. Ugh, I feel like I should confront my sis about my parents. Like, I don't know... I feel like, can't my sis see that my parents are wearing out?? It doesn't take much to see that my mother is only a step away from getting a stroke from stress/exhaustion/etc. Furthermore, my father already had a stroke (from when he found out they eloped in another country, but that's a totally different story lol).

Anyway, I want to end this on a happier note. I'm using WattPad (the app enticed me, lol). So if anyone uses WattPad, feel free to let me know! ♥

Here's mine: My WattPad page lol.
June 26th, 2018 at 06:36am