Hi, Mibba | Bucky Stories?

I haven't posted in a really long time. I'm not sure how long, precisely.

I got a job.

I got engaged.

I'm on my second spout of the flu this season.

I haven't written anything in a very long while and I sort of find myself missing it. I think about stories I'd like to write, or scenes, or characters. I also haven't read in a long time but I might give that a go tonight. I can never stay concentrated. But I've always had trouble with that.

I just need something to escape to for the time being, I think. I haven't done that in a while.

If anyone can recommend me some really good stories - either shit scary original stories or fanfic with Billie Joe, Ville Valo, Gerard Way... hit me up.

I really want to start a Ville Valo story. Even just a short story. I have a lot of feels on him to get out of my system. But then I also want to write some kind of disaster story. But I don't want to have to think about it all that much, you know? Hence why a coffee-shop romance seems so appealing right now.

Except whenever I try and think about starting, I want to add a disaster into it somewhere. But I don't want to have to research the way weather works or think of some godawful other kind of disaster to write about. And then I'm back where I was.

I remember I made a layout for a story ages ago here based on a quote I saw somewhere - probably Tumblr. But I don't want it to be specifically about love. I want it to be about something utterly strange. Whimsical. But I've never written anything like that before.

The background sort of makes me want to write a Winter Soldier story but that feels so hard. So much research. I'm not a hardcore Marvel fan. I just want to write about the Bucky that I've seen parts of in the movie world and add in bits and pieces from fanart etc.

On a completely different note, my fiance lets me do his hair like Bucky and it completes me. So much love for that man.

So, I've been staring at this open blog for a while, just at the blinking curser, and a few things have come to mind.

- A field researcher looking for something specific - like a rare mushroom or something that could be found in a heavily wooded area - gets into a situation where she can feel that someone else is in the woods but isn't sure what to do. She can't go without finding this thing - her application for a research grant would be ruined. But she's going on a rumor or something and now she's not sure it's worth her life.

- Bucky Barnes story. Maybe something to do with Steve Rogers too. Like maybe he is keeping Bucky safe there and despite some kind of messy situation with this field researcher, he's begging her to stay quiet. Because of course she knows who he is.

- And maybe she agrees but only because Bucky has seen this thing she is after and promises to take her to it.

- But she's sort of torn, because he's essentially a former hitman and she's not sure how much she wants this thing anymore.

- Maybe she's trying to prove the existence of a creature or something? And maybe the creature she thinks is quite harmless is actually the total opposite. Or not at all what she thought. Maybe she comes across a bunch of secluded weirdos living in the woods who decide to kill her. And maybe Bucky isn't caught and he's in two minds about helping rescue her because he'd rather not end up in her situation too.

- Maybe Steve berates him, either way, for what he does.

I don't know.

I think I need to read some Bucky stories to get motivated. Read how other people have completely ignored the Marvel universe in their story. Yeah.

Give me some Bucky stories to read, fellow Mibbians.
July 19th, 2018 at 01:46pm