Bumblebee!

My niece got this book that’s all full of cool stickers. The one she gave me was of a bumblebee you know the one science says is so aerodynamically clumsy it’s not created to fly. So was the bat and the jumbo jet oooh mann.

There’s this site I get my sermons from and it’s not your normal podcast where cats spin tales about the canon like they were there when it was being written and they know that all things work out but they don’t want it to be by the God of the Old Testament saints.

Saints like Adam numero uno. The prototype of all who those would come after him. Saints like Enoch cats who walked blameless before the lord and were no more. Saints like Noah who was a righteous man among his brothers.

Saints like Abraham who refused to consider the deadness of his body and the time lost in the barrenness of Sarah his wife and believed in the almighty God and it was accounted to him as faith.

Men like Isaac who refused to go back to Egypt in the time of famine like his paps has done and instead settled in the region of Gerah the territory of the philistines and the good lord made him a prince unto them and greatly expanded his wealth and influence among the philistine.

Cats like Jacob who held on to the angel till morning and would not leave the fight until Yahweh blessed him despite the treacherous past and the scam he pulled denying his elder brother the birthright that was duly his.

Then came folks like Joseph who did not count it robbery to be equal to pharaoh and who after seeing his old man once again made his brothers swear on oath that his mortal ruins would not remain in the land of Goshen though it was given to them by the king as their own possession.

And so this lil creature by God’s design has been pollinating the world with the law of the lord as passed down through Moses and Aaron and on to Joshua the son of Nun and on to Gideon and on to Samson and then to Saul the king whom Samuel had anointed and to David the lords chosen.

Yet we talk about these men as being under the law as if the whole old testament canon was just about the Ten Commandments. Paul said that to those under the law I became as one under the law.
And to those who did not believe in the law I became us one not under the law. I used all methods and taught all manner of precepts and became all things to all men that I might win some to Christ.

It is not that I am not under the law as some believe but I have now come under the law of Christ. Some talk that since we have passed from the law of sin and death and have been translated into the law of grace and peace that the law has been made null and void.

Jesus said to his disciples ... do not think I have come to abolish the law. I have not come to put an end to the law but to bring it to completion. They said give us a sign that you are as you claim and we will follow you.

You of all people know well that when the sky is red in means something prophecy will be fulfilled. And you know well how to predict the signs in the sky. How then is it that you cannot read the sign of the son of man???

Truly I tell you Abraham longed to see this day when the lord will make known in Jerusalem the messiah. Moses spoke of me in the desert saying that the lord will bring among his people another prophet like me. Listen to him.

How can you a man not yet in his 50s say you know of our father Abraham? I tell you the truth before Abraham was I AM. And they sought to stone him. And he asked them why they wanted him dead.

Because he told them that the Father and I are one? No they said we stone you for saying you are the Son of God. Jesus asked them ... does not the scripture tell you that you are gods? Why then do you not believe that I am the Son of God?

Which is the greatest commandment a lawyer said to Jesus? What does the law say? What did Moses instruct us to do? The lawyer replied ... it is written ... love the lord with all your heart with all your soul with all your might and with all your strength.

And love your neighbour as you love yourself. Jesus was amazed at his openness and told him truly I tell you ... you are not so far from the kingdom of God. At another setting Jesus told his apostles that all the laws and the prophets are hinged of the command to love.

Paul said in the book of Ephesians the 4th chapter ... so I tell you this, and insist on it in the lord, that you must no longer live as Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance of their hearts.

Having lost all sensitivity they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity with a continual lust for more. You however did not come to know Christ that way.

Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught with regard to your former way of life to put off your old self which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;

To be made new in the attitude of your minds: and to put on the new self created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbour for we are all members of one body.

In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer but must work doing something useful with his own hands that he may have something to share with those in need.

Do not let unwholesome talk come out of your mouths but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the holy spirit of God with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Get rid of all bitterness rage and anger brawling and slander along with every form of malice. Be kind to one another forgiving each other just as in Christ god forgave you.

Amen Reverend.
July 26th, 2018 at 06:57am