Create a Daily Time to Reconnect!

Whether we need a highly disciplined schedule or prefer a more relaxed one we all need a plan. If you using a daily planner computer software or some other calendar you might want to set aside a time when you will meet with God daily.

The next thing we need to accomplish is setting how much time we need to spend on our devotional. When I was taking classical guitar lessons the instructor told me ... it’s better to practice 15 minutes a day every day and then to practice for several hours on certain days.

He was right esp. When it comes to establishing new habits. But new habits are sometimes hard to form. It is not by accident that the author of Hebrews wrote we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together as is the manner of some. (Heb. 10:25)

He understood that church attendance like any other activity is a habit that needs to be cultivated. This principle clearly applies to our devotional time. It is better to block out 15 minutes and seek to remain faithful to honouring that time than it is to let our daily discipline be eaten away by daily distractions.

After praying about how much time enter that time to block into your calendar.
July 26th, 2018 at 04:19pm