Cultivating Two Way Communication!

Agape love never fails. Eros has a hook in it ... a hook of self interest. Agape wants nothing but to give of itself. There are times of course when it may seem that Agape love does fail. It maybe that you have you have been loving someone with God’s love.

But up to now you have not evoked a response in them. You must realise that I am not talking about a romantic relationship but a situation in which you may be continuing to express Agape love to someone who fails to respond and continues to show resentment and hostility.

Does this mean that love is failing? No for the statement love never fails does not mean that love is always achieving its intended objective. So what does it mean? It means that you believe that even when love looks like its failing you have not failed for you are better for having shown love.

Look again at our text for today ... Jesus is saying that if the people of a house to whom you give peace do not receive it then let your peace return to you. So you are more peaceful for having given out your peace.

Either way we win. If they take it good. And it they refuse to receive it it’s still all good. The loving and peaceful person always wins. For he becomes more loving even if the other person does not receive that love.

There no failure for those who show Agape love. Have you ever written a letter to someone in whom you really opened your heart? You probably felt vulnerable as you waited for a response.

How would you feel if the written response to the letter ignored everything you spoke of but focused on issues that condemned the other person? Could be the view of heaven we have attained as we continue with our devotional life day in day out?

The bible is a love letter from our heavenly father. Yet all too often our prayers do not reflect the actual portion we have just read. Instead the contents of the love letter get ignored as our many pressing needs are petitioned upwards.

What needs to happen however is spiritual two way communication.
July 26th, 2018 at 04:24pm