I...

- I often feel as though I'm not good enough.
- I often feel that people are ignoring me, happy to talk to other people but not me.
- I wonder what I've done wrong... assuming that it's something I've done that's upset that person.
- I'll happily convince myself that I'm the one at fault.
- I convince myself that people talk to me because they feel they have to.
- I'll write something and then delete it multiple times because I don't feel that it's good enough.
- I doubt myself... I lack confidence.

These are all things I feel on a daily basis, some days I can push those feelings aside and others, like today, I just can't shift it. On the opposite side to that, I'm:

- a girl who loves to wear oversized hoodies.
- a girl who loves writing and roleplaying with friends.
- a girl who takes friendship seriously.
- a girl that wears her heart on her sleeve.
- a girl who would rather spend time with her mum and little brother, than go out with friends.
- a girl who is goofy and loving.

People in my life think that these are two completely different girls and say that I've changed when my anxiety is at it's highest, but they're not... they're both me. Sometimes my anxiety is quiet, it allows me to just be but it's always there and sometimes it takes control.

Anxiety doesn't have an off switch, you can't just turn it off and be okay... it's a battle.
August 9th, 2018 at 07:45pm