I Couldn't Ignore This!!

Hello Mibbians!

This morning I was scrolling through the videos on YouTube and also checking our the people insubscribe to making sure they hadn't posted a new video when I came across a video that just really hit me the wrong way.

Neighbor Tries to Shut Down Boy's Lemonade Stand

During the summer in June of this year, a young boy named Jacob set up a lemonade stand in his neighbor in Gladstone, Missouri. With his birthday coming up the stand is what he wanted so he could raise money to put another air conditioner into his mother's car. Believe me. Air conditioners for a car are not cheap. His mother kindly told her son instead of buying her a new air conditioner, he should use the money for something else so Jacob decided that he would donate the proceeds to his local church.

One day, while selling his freshly squeezed lemonade, 2 people walked up to the stand and asked the young boy if he had a permit. Mind you that this lemonade stand is on his mother's properly. It's not on a public area or anywhere you would need a permit. Of course the boy didn't understand what they meant but they Carrie on asking about different permits just in case they were to become sick from drinking his beverage. As far as I know, I've never heard of someone becoming sick from drinking lemonade.

Jacob's mother then approaches when she sees her child becoming upset and questions the pair. They tell her the same thing and she replied to them nicely that they did not have a permit and didn't know that they needed one. That night the mother posted the incident on Facebook telling her friends and family what had happened that day. Lots of people were upset by the comments those 2 people made over a simple lemonade stand. One comment was from the Gladstone Police Department officers. That very next day the boy went back to his stand to keep selling dispite those 2 people, unknowing of what the event would occur on that day.

The officer who commented had brought his fellow officers along with EMTs and Fire Department. The boy and his mother immediately thought that the stand would have to come down. That was not the case. Each person of the different units supported the boy and bought several cups of his fresh homemade lemonade. A kind act towards the boy who had been let down the previous day. They also had Jacob made a sign that said Permit in which each department put their seal of approval on.

I have no idea why people want to belittle or tear down the spirits of a young boy just trying to do something useful and beneficial. I know if this was my kid's stand I'd be highly upset that 2 people I called neighbors would get so offended by a lemonade stand. If you want to get offended over something. Get offended over something that means something like child abuse, animal abuse, elderly abuse, spousal abuse, etc instead of getting offended over one little boy's harmless lemonade stand.

Thank you for reading this and let me know your thoughts. Were these 2 people in the right? Should they have approached or just let the kid sell what he wanted to?

~~~~Fienix
October 13th, 2018 at 06:27pm