Halloween 2018 | NaNoWriMo

Before I begin, as always, join our Mibba discord! Also, I caught up on all of my candybowl requests, so if you want a neat little treat, request one there!

But anyway, last night my friends and I had our annual Halloween party! I love them so much. We all have issues with our parents - almost none of us even speak to them anymore - so we are all like one big family. We celebrate almost every major holiday together.

Image

I went as a vampire. The costume was suuuuper last minute, but I was happy with the way it turned out! The cape I'm wearing has a hood but I think it makes me look weird. I loved playing with how flowy and elegant it was. I felt like a fuckin' model.

Anyway, I took that selfie after I locked myself out of my apartment. In full costume and makeup. Without ANY of my keys.

Image

So. That was fun. I live on the sixth floor and had to wait for my roommate to come unlock the door for me between deliveries.

Anyways, it's almost the end of October! Y'all know what that means!

NANOWRIMO IS UPON US

We have four days left until NaNoWriMo begins. Now, I know I told you all I would be writing The Land of Infinite Whispers for NaNoWriMo, but I changed my mind. My critique group successfully murdered my desire to continue that story. (I left that group, thank god. It wasn't a good experience at all). I decided to revive Ichor and Ambrosia.

I wrote Ichor and Ambrosia for Camp NaNoWriMo in April 2017, and I loved it! It's my own personal love letter to Greek mythology and storytelling. The issue with it when I first wrote it, though, is that it was too long. At 50,000 words in, the story had literally just kicked off - I had so much more to write and explore and make happen. I never got around to continuing it, but I finally did!

I decided there would be a lot of changes needed to it in order to make it work. First of all, it was TOO damn long - there were a lot of things that really took the story needlessly all over the place and required way too many pages and words. So I shortened it a lot - compiled chapters and brought some things closer together. I edited some characters out, changed scenes, removed plots, and even changed the title! Now, I present to you, my NaNoWriMo 2018 novel....

Image

BORN A SLAVE. An epic Greek myth.

For the most part, it's still Ichor and Ambrosia at heart, but there were a few changes. I'm honestly the most excited about the addition of a gay romance.

I'm not gonna be posting it here on Mibba, though. I want to seriously start persuing publication, and a lot of publishers will not accept stories that have been previously posted/published anywhere before - online, in magazines, in newspapers, in collections. So that sucks, but I really want to get it done and get it out there. I hope I can do it.

On a lighter note, I will be slowly posting the rest of Infinite Whispers, though! So you'll all get what is largely the first half of that story.
October 29th, 2018 at 04:02am