nearly witches.

last but certainly not least, here is a blog about one of your wonderful admins nearly witches.!

GENERAL

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm Victoria (or Vic, 90% of people just call me Vic), I'm 24 in a month and I live in the sunny land of Scotland. I love watching football and writing and just generally procrastinating from the real things in life.

Favorite television show?
This changes on a month-by-month basis but just now it's either The Man in the High Castle, Quantico or House.

Favorite movie?
Saving Private Ryan, or Princess Mononoke. Please don't make me choose between them because I can't.

Favorite band/musician?
I can never choose one. It's a straight toss-up between Smashing Pumpkins, Alkaline Trio or, at the moment, Die Toten Hosen.

Favorite book?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Favorite hobby?
Is travelling a hobby? If so, that.

MIBBA

How long have you been on Mibba?
It'll be ten years next June, I believe.

What brought you here?
Right so I used to write on Buzznet (I think that's what it's called anyway) and they started changing things and it got really bad for writing on so a bunch of people migrated across here and I was one of them. Like the great Quizilla migration, just smaller. I don't even think you can log into Buzznet now, so it was a good choice.

What was the first piece you ever published on the site?
I think it was this really bad Paramore fanfiction where Hayley Williams got kidnapped and Josh Farro came and saved the day. It had the biggest plotholes and I had no idea how to even write properly back then, so I'm very glad that it's disappeared into the ether.

Favorite piece of yours that you've written?
Even though it's not even remotely finished on Mibba, I'm very proud of Bloom. It was my first time winning NaNo and I actually like the characters and the storyline for once. Also, it was a mammoth task to just finish the first draft and I was so happy to actually finish it.

Favorite piece by another Mibbian?
Straight up, We Were Birds by towers. It's been my favourite story on the site for so many years and I don't think that's ever going to change.

Tell us about your writing process.
I don't really have one. Normally I'm writing to procrastinate at doing something else (usually uni work) but if I genuinely sit down to write, I tend to make sure I have snacks. I also tend to have playlists for each story that I can listen to that'll get me in the writing mood.

Which section of the forums is your favorite and why?
The General forums, only because they fuel my procrastination. Also, a bunch of the threads in there are super-cool and it's really interesting to read the answers of other Mibbians!

Shameless self-promotion: Give us the link to a few of your favorite pieces along with a short description.
Bloom: police detective living in West Berlin pre-wall-coming-down tries to find his family in East Berlin all while juggling the events in the year before the Berlin Wall comes down.

Tommy Guns: two gay men join the German army in WWII to avoid being found out.

Schadenfreude: everyday life in a WWII concentration camp, shown through the eyes of several different people, both prisoners and the other side.

THIS OR THAT

Summer or winter?
Winter!

Rain or sunshine?
Rain. Live in a country where it does it constantly, so I'm more used to it than I am sunshine.

Pepsi or coke?
Pepsi.

Rock or rap?
Rock.

Coffee or tea?
Coffee for daaaaaaaays.

Vanilla or chocolate?
Chocolate.

Comedy or horror?
Horror.

Netflix or Hulu?
We don't have Hulu here, so Netflix wins by default.

MISCELLANEOUS

What hobby would you get into if time and money weren't an issue?
Depends if you class travelling as a hobby. If money wasn't an option, I'd totally have a travel blog and just travel the world and write about it.

What's the best thing that happened to you last week?
My Alkaline Trio vinyl finally arrived.

If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
I'd probably end up playing in a band, if that was the case!

What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
I'd probably go on a trip to Munich starting on the Friday, and go to see the football on the Saturday. Then I'd do some touristy things, and visit a few friends. Finally, I'd fly on the Saturday night to a little town called Tilburg in the Netherlands and I'd visit all of my friends and my old haunts and then I'd fly home on the Sunday evening. Perfect.

What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for one hundred years?
Please tell me Bayern Munich are top of the Bundesliga / still actually exist.

If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
Aw man. It'd have a huge garden and one of those really big greenhouses, for starters. I'd also have big boxes for growing vegetables in. Inside, I'd probably have 2 floors. Lower floor I'd have a big, modern living room decorated in black and white. The kitchen I'm not too fussy about, as long as it's clean and functional. Top floor would have the toilet, which would have one of those whirlpool baths and it'd also have a lovely big room with a queen-sized bed. Oh, and this would all be within travelling distance of Munich so I can go watch the football whenever I want.
October 30th, 2018 at 07:53am