Hey, Y'all

I've been wanting to update everyone for a while now, just haven't really found the time.

I know not a lot of people are still active on the site, but I know I still check it, so maybe some of y'all do, too.

So, the last thing I talked about was, like, working at the other store location and basically living at my boyfriend's house, and possibly enrolling in school. That was seven months ago, I see.

So, I guess we'll update all of that in order.

1) I did end up working at that store for a little while. It was definitely interesting. I got closer to my bosses, but I was also introduced to other managing styles that I wasn't a huge fan of. In the end, I left the project, like, a week early so that I would get fired. They fucked with our pay. They had us working dumb hours. They didn't pay enough for transportation. The list goes on. It was an interesting experience, but I'm glad it's over. The steady paycheck was nice, but in the end, it wasn't enough since I was driving an hour in total every day.

2) No longer have to live at my boyfriend's house because we moved in together! It's honestly pretty fucking awesome. Took some getting used to. Still getting used to it really, but it's been a lot of fun. Walking around without clothes on, being able to have sex whenever we want, watching movies and binge watching shows together, being able to ask, "hey, what do you want to do for dinner tonight," and waking up to morning kisses. It's the bees knees. I'm so happy with him.

3) I am currently in school taking Anatomy and Physiology and Algebra. Both of them are kicking my ass right now, but I'm definitely doing way better in A&P. I've also never been good at math, though. I will say, being in school and being 25 is way different than being in school at 18. For one, you actually care. Like, the first time I was in college, I really didn't give a fuck. I passed some classes, I got D's in others, and I dropped a few.

That shit isn't an option anymore. I qualify for financial aid now, but you have to be careful with your grades and hours. And I'm trying to get into a competitive program, so I kind of need to be on my shit. I can't really expect anything higher than a C in math, but I'm reeeeeally shooting for an A in A&P and I know I can do it, I just need to work my ass off. I have an 83 in lecture right now and like a 95 in lab, so we'll see.

So yeah. I got a student worker position at the college library which is hella cool because they basically pay me minimum wage to study. Like, honestly. I know it's not a lot of money, but I honestly don't have time for a full-time job right now. I'm still trying to work weekends at the restaurant even thought it's like 45 minutes away, but on good nights, it's goooood fucking money. I've also recently started babysitting my GM's 3-year-old, so that's different. She's a cutie, though, and my boss pays me really well to do it, so like hell yeah.

Michael is obviously the one keeping us afloat. I pretty much make enough to take care of all my bills and then give him about $300 every month. It doesn't feel like enough at all, but he keeps telling me it's okay and that he'd prefer it this way than, like, me not even being able to afford my own shit.

Moving in has been cool, but that on top of stress from school and money has definitely made me really emotional. It's actually super annoying. Like, I think I dislike the crying spells more than Michael does. It's really embarrassing and tiresome and like... ugh. Could have something to do with my birth control as well 'cause I switched to the Nexplanon implant a few months ago. It hasn't had any crazy side-effects (I'm nearly positive the crazy emotions can mostly be attributed to stress), and it's super convenient just cause like I don't have to worry about getting pregnant for three years and then when it's time to take this one out, they can just stick another one right back in. I know some of it has to do with having a good doctor and it getting placed correctly and your body not rejecting it, but so far, I am a success story.

Okay, I guess that's about it. I don't want to make this a novel length blog.

Hope all of you lovely people are doing well.
November 5th, 2018 at 03:51am