Fiction Writing Short Story Need Help ASAP!

So, I'm writing this 3,000-word short story, it's due on Sunday. It's Friday today. I'm in a time crunch, but I can't figure out what to do next. Help??? Please! I'm begging you!

A blood red moon hung high up in the sky with dark, black haze crowding every available free space. The soft red glow in the streets gave off a warm sensation that tingled the goosebumps on one's arms. A husky shop owner with an overconfident smirk on his face on the corner was trying to sell faulty merchandise to a lovely, unsuspecting customer. Down the curve, a beggar with sweat dripping down his cheek, a body odor that would attract the prettiest of women, and a cane in his hands that had traces of blood on the tip was trying to get the devil to spend the night with him. At the next streetlight, a couple of siren women were gossiping about how many they each had under their belt and who was the luckiest out of all of them. Within the nearest house, a married couple was arguing about something trivial just because they were sick of the other's face, yet they wouldn't get divorced or move out because of how poor they both were. Their neighbors, however, were much different. They had a happy marriage. The two girls were cooking dinner in the kitchen, with the smell of spicy human curry wafting throughout the house. The elder of the two was hugging the waist of the younger, and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. To the left of the girls' house was a wild club bar. Within those walls, many deals were made. Slavery, drug, and assassination were most common among the demons within. Deeper within the city, the king sat on his throne, content with how things were being carried out and how much power and wealth he had. The servant, down the hall, was busying himself with menial tasks, trying not to catch the attention of the blood king, or do anything to upset him. Meanwhile, in the adjacent room, a couple of new servants were exchanging what they've heard about the reputation of the king, and it was common to hear such things as he has killed many for spilling his tea, not cleaning enough, or looking anywhere but the floor when in his presence. Everywhere one looked, they would see red skin, black horns protruding out of the skull, and red, feathered wings that dragged behind, yet never touched the ground.

It was ladies' night. Thursday-for humans. Time was different in this place, however. It was strange. It was always dark but yet light at the same time. Funny thing was, was that the light was from the lava that flowed throughout the kingdom. It flowed into a moat that surrounded the capital and then made its way-like how a river would flow up on the surface-around the area. It was a way to regulate temperature and to warn others to keep out. It worked for the most part. The only ones wandering around freely were the bloodhounds. Nobody could ever really control those wild beasts, no matter how highly they thought of themselves. Leila was walking along one of the rivers of lava with her friend Jaferia. Jaferia was keeping where the two were going a secret. They had been friends for a long time, only about 200 hundred years or so, so it wasn't like they grew up together or anything. Just long enough to trust one another. 200 years in the underworld was approximately 5-6 human years. Jaferia thought it would be a great bonding night. They could share some drinks and secrets with each other at the club. It would be perfect. As they were nearing the building, Jaferia jumped behind Leila and covered her eyes, whispering in her ear, "It's a surprise. Trust me, you'll love it." Leila nodded and let herself be guided by her friend in the darkness. A loud bass drum could be heard once they stepped inside. Club music, something with a strong beat and easy to manipulate. There was guaranteed prey to feed upon. She was getting a bit hungry. Was this what Jaferia intended? A feast? Jaferia uncovered Leila's eyes and there was a half-naked woman dancing arousingly around a pole right in front of her. Leila's eyes went wide. This would be awesome. Belly-dancers were they best-as long as they weren't her. She just couldn't stare down for too long. As the night progressed, and alcohol was knocked back, the belly-dancer and Leila were in an isolated room. It was full of mirrors. The dancer pulled off Leila's shirt, exposing her mid-section. Leila's eyes widened, as she saw her bare skin. She tried to cover herself, as her breath quickened. Biting her lip, she tried to shoo the dancer away. She needed to be alone. No, she needed to stop looking at it. She tightly shut her eyes and covered herself, hurriedly walking out of the room. She took quite a few deep breaths and stole Jaferia's shirt, pulling it onto herself.

"We're leaving," the succubus quietly said, as she dragged her friend out of the club and back to her apartment in the capital.

“What? Why?” Jaferia whined as she was pulled away from the amazing experience she had at the club. She was filled with alcohol and the incense there was to die for.

The next morning Jaferia woke up with a start. She looked around the room quickly, relaxing when she realized she was safely in Leila’s room. The siren took a longer look at the room she was in. This was the bedroom, the bed was in the corner of the room, next to the window. Leila was laying on top of the bed, sleeping soundly. Jaferia envied how peacefully the succubus slept. She had to admit that she was the prettiest succubus she had ever seen or met. Leila had long, loosely curled blonde hair, contrary to most of the other succubi, who had varying lengths of brown or black hair. She had the regular slender body, with an average 34-D cup chest. But her lips were just-and those piercing red eyes that could make any man bend to her will-and that leg length black tail with the little heart tip at the end of it is so-mesmerizing! And her black bat-like wings are just so beautiful! Jaferia wiped off the drool on her chin. It’s been a while since she had fallen for someone. Who knew it would be someone like her? Yes, she changed into a mermaid-like creature when she hit the water, and sang to get her victims, and Leila just had to use her eyes, but still. They both fed off of sexual energy. Come to think of it, that’s how they met. Leila was really hungry and had used her to feed. Of course, succubi mind tricks don’t work on sirens, but alcohol sure does. Leila opened her eyes a bit and looked over at Jaferia, “Oh, you’re awake?”

“Yeah, been up for a little while,” Jaferia answered, snapping out of her own thoughts.

“What were you just thinking about?” Leila asked curiously, knowing what Jaferia’s thinking face looked like. She really concentrated hard when she was thinking, it wasn’t that hard to make out.

“Oh, nothing,” Jaferia said, blushing a bit.

Leila smirked, “Oh, really? Then why’s your face turning red? Come on, tell me.”

“I was...uh..thinking about..why you insisted we leave the club last night.”

“I felt uncomfortable,” the succubus stated plainly, crossing her arms.

“You? Uncomfortable? How? I thought succubi fed off of sexual energy. I figured you would have a grand ol’ time with those dancers. I didn’t think that you, of all demons, would be uncomfortable in that situation.”

“Yeah, it wasn’t any of those things that made me uncomfortable. It was..my you know what.”

“Your...what now?” Jaferia concentrated and had an epiphany, “Oh! Your bellybutton?”

“Yes. The belly dancer took my shirt off in a mirror room, and I had a panic attack.”

“Oh honey, I’m so sorry that happened. I know how scared you are of that thing. But, maybe it’s time for you to get rid of that fear? I mean, you’re a succubus for Devil’s sake! Sexual energy and showing skin is what you’re all about!”

“I don’t know Jaf...”

“Come on! We can try exposure therapy! It’ll be fun!”

“Fun...right,” she said, rolling her eyes.
November 17th, 2018 at 12:17am