2019 Reading List

While I do read a great deal during the school year (I read 4 books and countless articles last semester), it is not always what I want to be reading.
I ended up enjoying it, but my English class required that I read a book published in 2018. That is the newest book I have ever read in my life! Most of what I read is published between the 1800s to the 1960s with a few outliers, but nothing past the 90s. It was bizarre.

My winter English class has me reading Dracula, and I'm feeling much more comfortable. Ah, gothic literature, you fiendish lover you.

Anyway, I am really jonesing to go on a book-buy spree, but I'm holding back until I have some more time on my hands.

This really should be called "The Summer of 2019 Reading List", but I digress.

Here are some of the books I want to read this new year.

1) Filth - Irvine Welsh (loved the film, want to know more about the tape worm)

2) Trainspotting- Irvine Welsh (loved the film)

3) The Design of Everyday Things - Don Norman (I bought this recently and haven't gotten a chance to read it)

4) Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (it honestly seems ridiculous that I haven't read this yet)

5) Ulysses - James Joyce (has been sitting on my shelf for years. YEARS)

6) Naked Lunch - William S. Burroughs. (has also been rotting away on my shelf)

7) The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway (I got about half way through this book when I was a teenager, and for some reason never finished it)

8) The Beautiful and The Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald (I bought all of his novels and never got around to this one)

9) 1984 - George Orwell (I had a dystopian list and never got around to this one, so it's still on my shelf)

10) The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath (also just sitting there)

Books that I am going to be reading for classes include:

Dracula - Bram Stoker

We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver

The "theme" of this semester's English course are monsters within and without. Honestly can't complain about that.

There Are No Children Here - Alex Kotlowitz (for Sociology)

What are you guys reading now?
What are you reading for class?
What books do you want to read in 2019?
December 23rd, 2018 at 11:28pm