New/Old Girl in Town

Hello to whomever reads this.

I feel very strange typing out a blog post for the first time in maybe 12 years.

On December 25th of 2018, my wonderful husband of 1 year gave me a Surface Pro as a gift with a card that said "for you to continue your dream of being a writer." I basically burst into tears... When I met him 5 years ago, I was the Arts and Entertainment editor of my college newspaper. I had told him over coffee that although I was a Molecular Biology major, my true love has always been writing. Since graduating college back in 2014, I never really had the opportunity to write. And it broke my heart a little.

Recently, I began to think about my former writing outlets. Mainly Quizilla. RIP. I vaguely remember there being a major change to the site years ago and everyone I remember following moved here. Only recently did I discover that Quizilla is no longer. I don't even remember what my former username was, as I used a different name than my own.

From ages 14 to 18 I found a creative outlet for myself amongst angsty teen poems, beautifully written "one-shots" (remember those??), and band fan-fics. The later, THE most embarrassing as I had to confess to my husband (the lead singer for my favorite emo band for the mid 2000's) that I had read and even enjoyed imaginative stories that centered around him. How embarrassing!

I'm hoping to re-enter the creative writing community to put a spark back into my soul. I want to jump back in, but I don't even know where to start. I supposed a blog post is a baby step in the right direction.

Or, at least, in A direction.

That is all I have for right now, thank you for reading.

With Love
January 12th, 2019 at 01:17am