In Which I Rant and Then Give an Update on the Status of My New Years Goals

That I have a higher than average level of satisfaction with reading is fortuitous since each class this semester leaves me with a binder full of papers to read each week.
It keeps me busy, but not overwhelmed. Thankfully, I made an effort to practice better time and task management skills before school started, so I'm not a total wreck.

That sentence made me sound like I have my shit together, however I scared my cat away the other morning by growling at her in my pre-cafinated state. And when I say "growl", I don't mean one of those "rawr means I love you in dinasaur" kind of things, I mean a real gutteral growl fit for a beast in the woods kind of thing. I scared myself. In other words, I am a hot mess dipped in a coating of feigned confidence and occasional wisdom.

I am somewhat pleased to report that I have thus far stuck to a better fitness routine. Motivations are less vain than one might imagine, or... actually, that's not true. My motivations are completely vain, just not in an aesthetic sense. I gain muscle unusually fast, and I want to see where that can take me. There may be some petty sibling rivalry in there too, no one knows.
Anyway, I'm considering purchasing some heavier weights since the ones I have now don't feel like they are doing much anymore.
Another new years goal of mine was to grow my hair out (or give it 6 months and see how I feel) and thus far I have managed to resist the buzzers. I told my mom yesterday that if I decide to go short again I'm not even going to bother with a pixie cut, I'm just shaving it bald. So if it all goes to hell, at least the world can look forward to my blindingly pale scalp. I'm already pale as an Irish ghost, what's the difference?

In other news, my brother is getting married and thus there is a wedding in the future. Can we all just admit that weddings were designed to fascilitate business deals between families and thus have no actual value in a "marry for love" society? Has Bridezilla taught us nothing? Curses!
Honestly, I am not looking forward to this at all. I'm probably stewing in a plethora of matrimonial distrust as a result of being a child of divorce, but I think I have some pretty decent logic backing my misanthropic distaste for the occassion.
Also, I think the bride's family is comprised of southern conservatives who probably all voted for Trump. So there's that.
My brother is having the wedding on a boat, so its not like I can walk away, you know? I'd have to go overboard. Should I wear a swimsuit beneath my wedding attire?

As usual, I have wasted a fair few minutes ranting, so I will take my leave.

- Cheers
January 15th, 2019 at 09:38pm