You

Has anyone watched the show "You" on Netflix?
Can I just fangirl with you on how good this show is?
So, I binged-watched the first season in one day... Yes I know. But it's so addicting. The end of each episode leaves you wanting more. And I'm a hard person to please when it comes to television. I'm not one to sit for hours on end and watch something.

Here's a rundown of what goes on, without too many spoilers.
The main character, Joe, essentially stalks this girl, Beck, that came into his book store. Eventually, they run into each other and become actual friends, then lovers.
But Joe does some super fucked up things to essentially "protect" Beck. His reasoning's make sense as to why he does what he does, but its still fucked up.

The actor, Penn Badgley, who plays Joe does such a good job at convincing you he isn't a psycho that you actually sympathize with him in the show, and kind of root for him.

I loved the show so much I even went out and bought the book, and the book is just as good!
Its even inspired me to write.

So yeah, if you're into psychological thrillers and suspense, you'll really like this show! It's got a "Gone Girl" vibe to it, even though it's not the same.

Does anyone have an recommendations on shows or movies like this? I have Hulu and Netflix and I want to get into more shows.
January 16th, 2019 at 06:25am